Carl Myerscough GHP10 Again...

dubyagrip

Been out of the loop of the happenings of the world of grip. If he's closing this level of grippers, and staying in peak condition, needs to sign up for the #4 certification.

EDIT

Just saw the video and he closed the gripper like it was nothing.

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

@Cannon rated it at 256 RGC...

Incredible!

Screenshot_20230417_144547_Instagram.jpg

What's crazy is that the top of the camera frame cut off that his hand actually exploded. You can kind of see the red mist. RIP

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

The video is insane that was at least a parallel set and a much more dominate close then last time. 

He is so far ahead of everyone else and I think based on this close could cert the coc 4 right now. 

• Like 12

I re-downloaded Instagram just to watch this. Unbelievable.

It wasn’t some touch-and-go, let’s go to the booth for an instant replay. No, it was a quick and smooth meteor ride through the atmosphere to a certain touchdown landing. Meanwhile, you burn up on reentry due to a face-melting roar of accomplishment. 

• Like 8

This level of strength is what we read about in books about old timey strongmen, But its documented right here in front of us, I fashion myself a strong gripper guy but i can't even set a damn GHP 10

• Like 3

I hope that people recognize the dedication he has put into this sport. He was already a world class athlete winning the shot put in the UK 10 consecutive years and still holds the record. He mentioned on his instagram how it took him 6 years of hard work to get the axle record. He has dedicated decades to strength and being world class and has pushed what I thought possible in grip. What is amazing to me is he is continuing to get stronger and that gives me a lot of motivation that grip/strength gains can continue even into your 40's and beyond(look at odd haugen). I really hope we can see the coc 4 cert soon from him though honestly this close is more impressive to me. 

10 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

This level of strength is what we read about in books about old timey strongmen, But its documented right here in front of us, I fashion myself a strong gripper guy but i can't even set a damn GHP 10

Yeah I feel fortunate to be seeing his progress documented for us. 

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

I hope that people recognize the dedication he has put into this sport. He was already a world class athlete winning the shot put in the UK 10 consecutive years and still holds the record. He mentioned on his instagram how it took him 6 years of hard work to get the axle record. He has dedicated decades to strength and being world class and has pushed what I thought possible in grip. What is amazing to me is he is continuing to get stronger and that gives me a lot of motivation that grip/strength gains can continue even into your 40's and beyond(look at odd haugen). I really hope we can see the coc 4 cert soon from him though honestly this close is more impressive to me. 

Yeah I feel fortunate to be seeing his progress documented for us. 

Without commitment, we never start.

Without consistency, we never finish.

• Like 7

Carl is literally at Captains of Crush No. 5 level crush. Imagine what gripper Carl would need to train with using a choker, like 300+ RGC. Even though Nathan might be/might've been just as strong or stronger at his peak (closing GHP 10, 21 MMS reps CoC 4, etc.) I'd say Carl is the crush king now since his recent GHP 10 closes are actually documented on video and RGC is verified by Cannon.

Another feat I'm 100% sure Carl can reach, if he's not there already, is strict plate curl with 25 kg, that would be cool to see on video.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Anemptybox said:

Carl is literally at Captains of Crush No. 5 level crush. Imagine what gripper Carl would need to train with using a choker, like 300+ RGC. Even though Nathan might be/might've been just as strong or stronger at his peak (closing GHP 10, 21 MMS reps CoC 4, etc.) I'd say Carl is the crush king now since his recent GHP 10 closes are actually documented on video and RGC is verified by Cannon.

Another feat I'm 100% sure Carl can reach, if he's not there already, is strict plate curl with 25 kg, that would be cool to see on video.

Yes he has been for quite a while. He was crush king already when he reached #1 on the GHP-ranking.

• Like 2

I can do at least 2 reps with a GHP 5,

is that equal to closing this GHP 10 for 1? 

Thanks in advance 

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, stranger said:

I can do at least 2 reps with a GHP 5,

is that equal to closing this GHP 10 for 1? 

Thanks in advance 

That checks out, 2x5 = 1x10. Should be pretty close save for some rounding error.

• Haha 4

Human potential surprises me frequently. Nothing is out of reach I guess? 
this is extreme!  It’s a shame that only a few circles truly understand what this means. In other words…he would get the same reaction to a no.3 with most. He’s got a true hydraulic grip!

• Like 4

This is crazy.  I was in disbelief when I saw the tag showing 256.  Like I didn't understand what numbers mean anymore lol.  I hope we see him cert the #4 soon! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Adam Moyers said:

I was in disbelief when I saw the tag showing 256. 

I was curious about that. Where did you see the tag? I couldn’t spot it in the video or the pix. 

12 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I was curious about that. Where did you see the tag? I couldn’t spot it in the video or the pix. 

Screenshot_20230419-181828.png

• Thanks 1

The second time was even better than the first. Rated gripper, nearly an MMS, held closed for a 1-2 seconds. Inconceivable power.

• Like 1