What’s your best close with your weak hand?

AdriaanRobert96

I know we all have that one hand that’s stronger, for me I am a righty and left is my weaker hand.

I am aware of some outliers that are equally strong on both and that’s great :D 

With that said it’s because I’ve had injuries, but my best lift after rehab is my Average Captains of Crush #3 wide set close.

What is your best close with your “weaker” hand?

Edited by AdriaanRobert96

151 #3 MMS

I dedicated my offhand to be my open crush hand for RT, Raptor, etc., for competition.

• Like 3

My left hand has CCS'd a 147 rated CoC3, and MMS'd the MM1 Tetting gripper for the off-hand cert. Also a CoC3 rated 152 with GHP block in left hand.

My left hand isn't much weaker, just not as coordinated, just like everything on my left side of my body. I can pistol squat my left leg, but not nearly as good as my right side. Similarly, even the right side of my neck's upper trap muscle feels twice the size on the back of my neck compared to my left. I'm just very right sided dominant in general, but do what I can on the left.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

161 rated Tetting gripper.

Super Strong😎

34 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

151 #3 MMS

I dedicated my offhand to be my open crush hand for RT, Raptor, etc., for competition.

Solid indeed🦍

25 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

My left hand has CCS'd a 147 rated CoC3, and MMS'd the MM1 Tetting gripper for the off-hand cert. Also a CoC3 rated 152 with GHP block in left hand.

My left hand isn't much weaker, just not as coordinated, just like everything on my left side of my body. I can pistol squat my left leg, but not nearly as good as my right side. Similarly, even the right side of my neck's upper trap muscle feels twice the size on the back of my neck compared to my left. I'm just very right sided dominant in general, but do what I can on the left.

Not bad at all, but as you say.. probably coordination.

Everything feels weird on my left side, but probably as should be since we’re humans after all😁

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Not bad at all, but as you say.. probably coordination.

Everything feels weird on my left side, but probably as should be since we’re humans after all😁

I really wish I was right handed. I wonder what gripper I would be able to close if my coordination and strength was in the same hand :D 

• Like 2

I think my best ever lefty MMS was on my 140 Tetting, but I am not certain I go that and don't have that on film; I know I got real close lefty on my COC 3 rated 142 but haven't gotten it.  I have done a couple of MMS reps lefty (maybe 3 in a row max) with my COC 2.5 rated 132.  So right around 140.  As compared to a best MMS of 165 righty, so my right is way better.  I don't think it is as much stronger as that difference makes it sound; I think a lot of it is as Derek says, that my left is just not as coordinated so my form is worse.  If I were to do a choker with both hands, I am pretty sure the difference would be less than 25 pounds.

• Like 1

Just started being able to train my left, so it's like 30 lbs behind right now. Hoping it can catch up at some point.

• Like 1

MMS GHP6 126. I’ve probably got ~130 in it on a good day. 

• Like 2

149 coc #3 deep set. I don't remember how many reps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

I really wish I was right handed. I wonder what gripper I would be able to close if my coordination and strength was in the same hand :D 

Oh alright, you a lefty then😅

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I think my best ever lefty MMS was on my 140 Tetting, but I am not certain I go that and don't have that on film; I know I got real close lefty on my COC 3 rated 142 but haven't gotten it.  I have done a couple of MMS reps lefty (maybe 3 in a row max) with my COC 2.5 rated 132.  So right around 140.  As compared to a best MMS of 165 righty, so my right is way better.  I don't think it is as much stronger as that difference makes it sound; I think a lot of it is as Derek says, that my left is just not as coordinated so my form is worse.  If I were to do a choker with both hands, I am pretty sure the difference would be less than 25 pounds.

Well your ”weak” hand is without a doubt strong😤

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmilBB said:

Just started being able to train my left, so it's like 30 lbs behind right now. Hoping it can catch up at some point.

Slow and steady progress, as easy as it sounds I have zero patience myself😂

Always looking forward to the next gripper session😅

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

MMS GHP6 126. I’ve probably got ~130 in it on a good day. 

Not bad man, not bad at all!

15 minutes ago, Jared P said:

100 CoC 2 MMS

So around 20-ish lbs less than my right hand.

Fairly balanced tbh👍🏼

11 minutes ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

149 coc #3 deep set. I don't remember how many reps

Dang, my man be doing reps😂I said ”weak” hand bro🦍..

Jokes aside, I did one wide set on my #3 and I was smoked!

Edited by AdriaanRobert96
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Dang, my man be doing reps😂I said ”weak” hand bro🦍..

Jokes aside, I did one wide set on my #3 and I was smoked!

Thank you my friend 😁 I really like the questions that you put here in the forum

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

Thank you my friend 😁 I really like the questions that you put here in the forum

Appreciate the kind words pal, I am a very curious individual😂

More to come for sure, my mind’s always onto something hehe..

• Like 1

MM1 off hand 

Tetting Super Master 132 CCS 

CoC #3 left turn Filed 160 RGC (very close) 

I'll be receiving the MM2 soon so we'll see what happens lefty. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, stranger said:

MM1 off hand 

I'll be receiving the MM2 soon so we'll see what happens lefty. 

Wow man, with the fact that it’s your off hand you made that filed 160 look easy😍

Jeez🦍

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, stranger said:

MM1 off hand 

Those were some awesome closes, man.

Starting to think about a possible future training style that makes sense:

- All grippers that have already been closed from CCS or TNS, get filed to increase range of motion and beyond the range training.

- Each goal gripper at RGC max first gets put in a choker set to around 10mm or so, then widened as the closes for reps are achieved (Jaland Worley style) until you can eventually CCS (then remove choker and TNS) that gripper. Meanwhile, the next goal gripper above that one is now placed in a choker set to 10mm and the process repeated. These goal grippers that now can be closed from CCS or TNS then get filed for beyond the range, so all that all of your grippers below your RGC max are now filed.

This seems like a bulletproof strategy, but would have to try it first.

Edited by Jared P
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Those were some awesome closes, man.

Starting to think about a possible future training style that makes sense:

- All grippers that have already been closed from CCS or TNS, get filed to increase range of motion and beyond the range training.

- Each goal gripper at RGC max first gets put in a choker set to around 10mm or so, then widened as the closes for reps are achieved (Jaland Worley style) until you can eventually CCS (then remove choker and TNS) that gripper. Meanwhile, the next goal gripper above that one is now placed in a choker set to 10mm and the process repeated. These goal grippers that now can be closed from CCS or TNS then get filed for beyond the range, so all that all of your grippers below your RGC max are now filed.

This seems like a bulletproof strategy, but would have to try it first.

I like that strategy!