Your favourite warmup for a heavy gripper session?

pancho_grip_lift

3 minutes ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

I remember that the handles didn't touch in the previous models...does new model's handles touch? Or is it necessary to fil them

By default, no. But filing those stoppers was straightforward and fast. After filing, the handles touch at each level with the 2022 model. If you scroll down in that thread I linked, you will see mine closed at Level 6. 

• Like 1

Recently started doing finger walks with a 10lbs sledgehammer. Two or three of these per hand has been fattening the thumb ready for setting grippers... 

• Like 1

Squats. I really don't have to warmup my hands that much. But if I do I usaully do very low reps from 50% up to around 80% of what I want to attempt. Like only a few reps on each. 5, 3, 1 etc. That is if I'm going for a max attempt. If I train I don't really warmup that much I just do my working sets. If it's a heavy training day with singles or doubles I might do a few reps on lighter grippers tho.

• Like 1

Don't squats draw blood away from the arms and into the legs? I could be totally off, but I thought this was why armwrestlers often do air squats between rounds to decrease the pump in the forearms and hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Don't squats draw blood away from the arms and into the legs? I could be totally off, but I thought this was why armwrestlers often do air squats between rounds to decrease the pump in the forearms and hands.

Personally I feel that barbell squats awakens my body very well for a gripper routine. I don't go for high intensity in squats prior to a gripper session, in fact I like to do sets of 10 reps and it works well for me. 

If I don't have access to a squat rack, bodyweight squats work well for the same purpose. 

I didn't knew that arm wrestlers did squats to decrease the pump in their hands...but I guess it makes sense.

• Like 1