You can only choose one, which is it?

AdriaanRobert96

So a fun little topic, if you could only choose one grip tool for the rest of your life which would it be and why?

Personally I’d choose grippers because it makes me feel stronger overall and has carried over to real life very well :D 

Edited by AdriaanRobert96

Napalm Nightmare with all the handles.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Napalm Nightmare with all the handles.

Alright not a bad choice, also why do you feel you’d choose exactly this tool?

My second choice after grippers would probably be some pinch tool since it also carries over so well into the “real world” 😅

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Alright not a bad choice, also why do you feel you’d choose exactly this tool?

My second choice after grippers would probably be some pinch tool since it also carries over so well into the “real world” 😅

You can do deadlifts, pinch, swings, pull ups, rows… it’s pretty versatile…it sorta covers all bases.

• Like 2

If I was on a remote island I would just choose a barbell and have that be it. No single piece of grip equipment is enough to also take care of entire body fitness which should be prioritized first

If I already had full body training equipment, I'd go with grippers I guess, although it's not really "one item" when I need like 40+ rated grippers to be able to do any sort of constructed work out with them. Maybe I'd choose a grip machine instead although they're really not as fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That would be a sledge hammer easily, nothing comes close to being as versatile.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You can do deadlifts, pinch, swings, pull ups, rows… it’s pretty versatile…it sorta covers all bases.

Good choice indeed😎

5 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

If I was on a remote island I would just choose a barbell and have that be it. No single piece of grip equipment is enough to also take care of entire body fitness which should be prioritized first

If I already had full body training equipment, I'd go with grippers I guess, although it's not really "one item" when I need like 40+ rated grippers to be able to do any sort of constructed work out with them. Maybe I'd choose a grip machine instead although they're really not as fun.

Haha yeah you’re right about that, but you always have calisthenics which might not be as fun but still😆

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

That would be a sledge hammer easily, nothing comes close to being as versatile.

Thought about it at first aswell, getting the wrist work, crushing grip aswell😎

Just one? If it's a piece of equipment then maybe a large towel, because I can use it as a makeshift wrist wrench, pinch block, little big horn, and a load of other things. I can twist it, crush it, squeeze water from it, soak it and roll it up in one hand etc.

If you mean one exercise, then probably a farmer's carry or thick grip pull up. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gripperer said:

Just one? If it's a piece of equipment then maybe a large towel, because I can use it as a makeshift wrist wrench, pinch block, little big horn, and a load of other things. I can twist it, crush it, squeeze water from it, soak it and roll it up in one hand etc.

If you mean one exercise, then probably a farmer's carry or thick grip pull up. 

Ok ok.. a very different approach and I like it😂😎

I was born a gripper guy and i'll probably die a gripper guy, If i had no choice but to do that forever definitely grippers

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

I was born a gripper guy and i'll probably die a gripper guy, If i had no choice but to do that forever definitely grippers

”Brothers in Grippers” I guess then🦍😎

7 hours ago, JasonD said:

Apollon axle.

Very interesting. 

Why? 

Because that would have been my choice, and after reading goofy threads on this forum for almost 20 years, I didn’t think there would be anyone here that would choose the AA.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Very interesting. 

Why? 

Because that would have been my choice, and after reading goofy threads on this forum for almost 20 years, I didn’t think there would be anyone here that would choose the AA.

Excuse my lack of knowledge on the AA topic, but why goofy?

5 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge on the AA topic, but why goofy?

Nothing about the Axle is goofy. I am saying there are many threads on this forum that ARE goofy. And a practical, effective functional implement like the Apollon’s Axle to be chosen was a pleasant surprise to me.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Very interesting. 

Why? 

It’s very practical, can be used to do any barbell exercise. Also, axle deadlift is the most important grip lift, to me.

• Like 1

Block weights for sure, can do a lot and open hand strength transfers well to almost everything else. Can even work the wrist movements by resting it partially on the ground and doing the various rotations. 

Mind blowing that people are picking grippers, probably has the least carryover compared to any other common implement

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Nothing about the Axle is goofy. I am saying there are many threads on this forum that ARE goofy. And a practical, effective functional implement like the Apollon’s Axle to be chosen was a pleasant surprise to me.

My bad😅Got it now tho..

56 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Block weights for sure, can do a lot and open hand strength transfers well to almost everything else. Can even work the wrist movements by resting it partially on the ground and doing the various rotations. 

Mind blowing that people are picking grippers, probably has the least carryover compared to any other common implement

I am hands down 100% agreeing with Block Weight transferring well to everything else that’s why I’d chose pinch as a secondary option😎

Although for me I feel that both grippers and pinch implements has transferred well i to both real life and other lifts👍🏼

Pinching always leaves me with the feeling that I could unscrew a fire hydrant😂

Love it!

When I read it I thought something different I guess.  ONE grip tool so one gripper (not a run of them).  Block weight (which one).  Napalms Nightmare - so one set of grips - not the set.  Most everything else kind of assumes access to a whole set of weights to make them work.  Which to me meant a tool that is "stand alone"  only a single unit - no external anything else available.  Which lead me down a path to an Ivanko Super Gripper - or a sledge hammer (of those two I'd go with the sledge).  Anything else meet those criteria?  Thankfully we don't have to choose.

3 minutes ago, climber511 said:

When I read it I thought something different I guess.  ONE grip tool so one gripper (not a run of them).  Block weight (which one).  Napalms Nightmare - so one set of grips - not the set.  Most everything else kind of assumes access to a whole set of weights to make them work.  Which to me meant a tool that is "stand alone"  only a single unit - no external anything else available.  Which lead me down a path to an Ivanko Super Gripper - or a sledge hammer (of those two I'd go with the sledge).  Anything else meet those criteria?  Thankfully we don't have to choose.

Haha, yeah aorry about that I was thinking of specifying that but I was a little lazy😂

So if you choose grippers, then of course only grippers (not one specific gripper).

Thanks God yeah😅I love em all! 

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

Going very strict then I'd either pick a block weight about 110% of what I can lift, or a heavy sledgehammer since you can choke up on it to make whatever weight you like