Gd grip dynamometer?

Seoyoon

10 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I agree the GM150 is very well built, I recently bought one. 

How do your readings differ between the two? That's If there is any difference at all?

Good question... I mainly converted over to solely using the Grippermania in hopes of moving up the ladder. 

I believe how you have the handles adjusted makes a big difference. It's difficult to replicate it between the two since the handles are different diameters and the opening for your hand on the GD is very narrow. 

I tend to hit my best reading on my 1st try, then can usually equal or best it my 2nd try 5-10 minutes later. I'll start with one and finish with the other and compare readings... Will get back to you later on that. Hopefully tonight.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, degradated said:

I own both (along with the Baseline BIMS Functional).

I like Vano's design overall the best, my only complaint is the downgrade on the newer models to a plastic handle adjustment knob.

The GD Dyno 150 is very well built, however. I agree, they most likely copied Vano's design idea, though the two look nothing alike. The measuring gauge itself is nearly identical (except that you can change units on the GD). It even has the same pitched "beeeeeep" when you fire it up compared with the Grippermania.

20240318_213753.thumb.jpg.4e813aa1b6636a94394cae6b2893edfb.jpg

Did you order the GD 150 from amazon or GD website? How much was the shipping?

26 minutes ago, Jortsa7 said:

Did you order the GD 150 from amazon or GD website? How much was the shipping?

Amazon doesn't sell the GM-150. You have to get it directly from the Grippermania site... Just follow the website instructions (after translating the page to English). It was $150 + $60 (DHL) shipping via PayPal.

Just now, degradated said:

Amazon doesn't sell the GM-150. You have to get it directly from the Grippermania site... Just follow the website instructions (after translating the page to English). It was $150 + $60 (DHL) shipping via PayPal.

This forum wouldn't allow me to post the word c-r-y-p-t-o but it's $200 total if you pay via that method.

6 hours ago, degradated said:

Good question... I mainly converted over to solely using the Grippermania in hopes of moving up the ladder. 

I believe how you have the handles adjusted makes a big difference. It's difficult to replicate it between the two since the handles are different diameters and the opening for your hand on the GD is very narrow. 

I tend to hit my best reading on my 1st try, then can usually equal or best it my 2nd try 5-10 minutes later. I'll start with one and finish with the other and compare readings... Will get back to you later on that. Hopefully tonight.

Well, I tried the two back-to-back just now. I'm not the best puller... today was about average for me:

GM-150:

RH: 92.3kg (didn't get a good grip initially)

LH: 92.9kg (felt good)

5 minutes later:

GD Dyno 150:

RH: 95.8kg (felt pretty good)

LH: 93.6kg (same, pretty good)

So it seems like the two are pretty close to one another with my results. I'd like to test it a couple more times on different days to get an average.

• Like 2

My GM150 just arrived today, coincidentally.

Purchased on February 22, arrived on March 19. In total, 26 days (including 10+ days sitting in customs in Dubai).

$150 + $68 DHL shipping to the western US = $218.00 total

It's an awesome piece of equipment. I love it. Highly recommended.

Newest model is also silent and doesn't have the 'beep' upon startup, which is nice.

IMG_6385.thumb.jpeg.8847ffbed578fbff4613c35c6c0a4e8e.jpegIMG_6386.thumb.jpeg.38145026e2825c7dbe734b9fd8b2fb4b.jpegIMG_6387.thumb.jpeg.4be8c344f05ac91abac5fd3302426d45.jpeg

Managed to hit PRs right and left on my second attempts.
99.05 kg right
83.95 kg left

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jared P said:

My GM150 just arrived today, coincidentally.

Purchased on February 22, arrived on March 19. In total, 26 days (including 10+ days sitting in customs in Dubai).

$150 + $68 DHL shipping to the western US = $218.00 total, sent via PayPal.

It's an awesome piece of equipment. I love it. Highly recommended.

Newest model is also silent and doesn't have the 'beep' upon startup, which is nice.

IMG_6394.thumb.jpeg.59820f3baa22c86852afdd68774b3b64.jpegIMG_6385.thumb.jpeg.8847ffbed578fbff4613c35c6c0a4e8e.jpegIMG_6386.thumb.jpeg.38145026e2825c7dbe734b9fd8b2fb4b.jpegIMG_6387.thumb.jpeg.4be8c344f05ac91abac5fd3302426d45.jpeg

Managed to hit PRs right and left on my second attempts.
99.05 kg right
83.95 kg left

Nice! Vano is constantly upgrading it, it looks like. Mine has a black bag. I'm overdue for hitting 100kg, gonna try one last time in a bit. Nice pull, @Jared P 👊🏻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, degradated said:

Thanks but I meant GD not GM

Just now, Jortsa7 said:

Thanks but I meant GD not GM

Oh, gotcha. Amazon site. The price has gone up a little, but it's still pretty reasonable. There's a used one on eBay last I checked. Don't dare ask Vano for a GD! 😅

20 hours ago, degradated said:

Nice! Vano is constantly upgrading it, it looks like. Mine has a black bag. I'm overdue for hitting 100kg, gonna try one last time in a bit. Nice pull, @Jared P 👊🏻

Woohoo! The day has finally come, a huge milestone for me!!

Not to take away from @Jared P - I'm sure you'll surely surpass it soon enough (not that it's a competition anyway).

I don't have a video yet but here's my RH result (3rd pull today too):

20240320_192318.thumb.jpg.5e7ebadeb55cd19307d1edc2c84df967.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, degradated said:

Woohoo! The day has finally come, a huge milestone for me!!

Not to take away from @Jared P - I'm sure you'll surely surpass it soon enough (not that it's a competition anyway).

I don't have a video yet but here's my RH result (3rd pull today too):

20240320_192318.thumb.jpg.5e7ebadeb55cd19307d1edc2c84df967.jpg

Nice job man! Congrats.

Yeah, I've noticed that the post-tetanic potentiation (PTP) that @Carl Myerscough refers to and utilizes is particularly applicable with dynamometers like the GM-150. My second attempt is frequently higher than my first attempt, so much so that I basically consider my first attempt a really heavy 'warm up'.

My first attempt last night was 85 kg, and my second attempt was the PR of 99.05 kg - a 14 kg difference.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jared P said:

Nice job man! Congrats.

Yeah, I've noticed that the post-tetanic potentiation (PTP) that @Carl Myerscough refers to and utilizes is particularly applicable with dynamometers like the GM-150. My second attempt is frequently higher than my first attempt, so much so that I basically consider my first attempt a really heavy 'warm up'.

My first attempt last night was 85 kg, and my second attempt was the PR of 99.05 kg - a 14 kg difference.

Hey, thanks a lot man!

I did a few things differently this time just to try. Never had I warmed up with grippers before a dyno pull, but did a few reps on a GHP1, then a few on a 2 (not to expend too much energy for the preparation of the squeeze). I always just did it cold figuring that would yield the best reading.

There are about 5 things that I do to prepare for a good squeeze, after studying Vitaly Laletin in what he does mainly. I noticed that you didn't use very much chalk, Jared. For me, the more the better, and it can make a 10-20kg difference, but I suppose that everyone is different.

Dang, that's a big difference, 14kg! There's probably a whole list of things to do prior to a good dyno pull, for the best results.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, degradated said:

I noticed that you didn't use very much chalk, Jared. For me, the more the better, and it can make a 10-20kg difference, but I suppose that everyone is different.

I use a sufficient amount of chalk, it just doesn't show up well on camera in my garage lighting. I coat my palms thoroughly.

But yes, I agree. Chalk is crucial for the GM-150.

• Like 2