Single Stamp Vs. Double Stamp

asultzer

Ok, now I know I have an addiction to grip training. I have been reading old posts and new since I lucked onto this board in October. I have been training the grippers for almost 2 months now and I am making great progress. I have read some posts alluding to changes in manufacturing and relative strengths of the iron mind grippers. This concerns me since I am getting verry close to closing the #3 that I have. I would hate to think that I am nearing a goal on a gripper that is much easier to close than the ones that other guys are closing. The set of 1,2,3 that I have is from around 1998 and have a single stamp number on the dog leg side of the gripper. I will be ordering another new #3 to see for myself, but I would still like to have an expert opinion. Thanks for the board, I have learned a lot and look to this site for daily motivation.

There is no way to know how it compares unless you compare it to other #3's. It doesn't matter if single/double/year. Grippers vary. End of story. It took tons of gripper comparisons done by board members and PDA to realize it is a hopeless endevor. When you get that other #3, you'll have a better idea. Good luck.

-HH