What are these things?

AdriaanRobert96

Any idea what these are?

Not sure when I got em but I am pretty sure since I started working grip, or not..

image.thumb.jpg.92b480edcfcfa35e04f007e9cb1668d0.jpg

Weird bumps, anyone has these?

20 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Any idea what these are?

Not sure when I got em but I am pretty sure since I started working grip, or not..

image.thumb.jpg.92b480edcfcfa35e04f007e9cb1668d0.jpg

Weird bumps, anyone has these?

I have what i think is tendons that have grown on both wrists, in line with index finger, if i had my phone i'd snap a pic. Sometimes i get these bumbs on my forearms if they get really pumped. 

Could be a lipoma though. Which is just fatty tissue. I had one removed right from the crown of my head back in September.  Let me grab my phone i'll snap a pic and of my wrist.

tried to get a good angle.

76529B92-9330-45EE-842B-8539DE82A3AF.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Thanks 1

Yup, just muscles as already answered. Contrary to popular misconception, the hand does contain muscles not sure why this is such a prevalent idea. These muscle groups of the palm and thumb are responsible for most of what gives some people thicker hands, so yes you can get thicker hands if that's a desire they just need to be trained like any other muscle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Climber028 said:

Yup, just muscles as already answered. Contrary to popular misconception, the hand does contain muscles not sure why this is such a prevalent idea. These muscle groups of the palm and thumb are responsible for most of what gives some people thicker hands, so yes you can get thicker hands if that's a desire they just need to be trained like any other muscle. 

Thanks man, always knew that was the case but seeing them as bumps and not fully understanding the hand muscle anatomy made me wonder😅

With that said @C8Myotome filled me in on the anatomy part, thanks aswell pal and everyone else that shared their toughts👍🏼

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 10:07 AM, C8Myotome said:

Dorsal interossei muscles 

20230305_100609.jpg

Are you sure?  You're extending your MCPs to make them more prominent.  The others were holding MCP flexed, and their pictures did not look like the muscle bellies of the interossei

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bdckr said:

Are you sure?  You're extending your MCPs to make them more prominent.  The others were holding MCP flexed, and their pictures did not look like the muscle bellies of the interossei

Well I'm only sure about mine, mine look longer & you're right about flexing them with MCP joint angle to show them better; the ones above look more circular, my first thought was some type of cyst, but it would be out of my scope to tell someone they had that so I just went with the closest muscle. You're right, it could be something non-muscular...you'd really have to have someone qualified to look at it in person to make an actual decision about what it truly is, which if it was something painful then it would be a good idea to go to a doctor. A cyst could be non-painful too so who knows. I never even though try to look at my interossei until this post either

• Like 2

IMO it looks more like a ganglion cyst (aka Bible Bump)…mine goes between non-painful (99% of the time) and rarely painful. When it gets sore I will generally release it with my R thumb to relieve it. It has been there for 20 years and overall causes almost no issue. 

5B43F6A5-20BB-48EA-99C1-1FC69164AD57.jpeg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

IMO it looks more like a ganglion cyst (aka Bible Bump)…mine goes between non-painful (99% of the time) and rarely painful. When it gets sore I will generally release it with my R thumb to relieve it. It has been there for 20 years and overall causes almost no issue. 

5B43F6A5-20BB-48EA-99C1-1FC69164AD57.jpeg

My bro and sister have gotten those in that exact spot, now that I think about it.

• Like 1

Just to add to the funny fist fotos (had to alliterate)

20230306_163112.jpg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Just to add to the funny fist fotos (had to alliterate)

20230306_163112.jpg

if we keep this up they are gonna change the name of this site to "fistboard".

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Ooh-la-la

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I'm a moderator there too. A guy without hands wanted to sign up and we didn't know what to do. I guess we were all stumped. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Cannon said:

I'm a moderator there too. A guy without hands wanted to sign up and we didn't know what to do. I guess we were all stumped. 

That was a gripping story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cannon said:

now we are starting to get a little "out of hand".

• Haha 1

It was for sure a funny chat here when I got back😂

With that said..

These small bumps that I got only show when I make a fist, they don’t hurt and they’re hard at the touch (when flexed).

Got em on both left and right.