Palm Rip Options

DoctorOfCrush

I'm currently doing RRBT, and despite meticulous callus monitoring/pumicing/shaving and twice daily lotion/salve on my hands, I managed to rip my palm halfway through this morning's workout.  I don't think I have ever actually had a palm rip, especially not when I want to use grippers daily, so I am wondering what my options are. Have people had success with a super glue and palm taping tactic? If so, what are the best types of tape to use? Alternatively, am I just prolonging the inevitable by not pausing and allowing the skin to rest? If it is possible that it can heal while still gripping, I want to power through, just not if it's going to exacerbate the problem cyclically until I am forced into a hiatus. 

Athletic tape is the best to use in my experience. It gives the best grip.

But if you already have problems this early I don't think there's any way you will be able to complete the full RRBT program, no matter what you do. It simply will be too much.

I plan on giving the athletic tape a shot. I’ll glue it later today when the pain isn’t as sharp and try to complete my workout later tonight. 

I’ll be kind of bummed if you are correct, but if worse comes to worst, I’ll just push on with just my left hand if I have to. At the very least, I’ll start breaking up the workouts. 

Liquid bandage. 

is it a split or cut.  I get splits in my hands from work during the winter months and those take forever to heal.

Here’s a pic where the skin peeled back. BEDF4D08-3406-49EB-BC3D-84C1F5918F17.thumb.jpeg.df6bc549366dea8b2a241523744d76b2.jpeg

post-19676-0-32699000-1369134349_thumb.jpgLiquid skin that and try duct tape if athletic tape doesn't work for you.  If it gets bigger/deeper, then try glue.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jchapman said:

post-19676-0-32699000-1369134349_thumb.jpgLiquid skin that and try duct tape if athletic tape doesn't work for you.  If it gets bigger/deeper, then try glue.

this at work, i'l use a piece of paper towel and duct tape over that... 

Is it strange i've never had this problem? I feel like i'm doing something wrong but all these years i think i've only gotten 3 cuts from working out.. Two from bending, which will rip open anyones hands.

• Like 1