Wrench Bending

Max248

These Spanners were in a companion set along with other brands, I've been told to use 6 inch wrenches, but don't have any atm. So I'm just working with this and a bunch of flat bars. I have some chrome vanadium Spanners, I think they're easier than the 8inch adjust.

Was gonna show this on my previous post, but I made a new one.

I'll keep practicing, Just wanna know if I'm ready for a 6 inch wrench now if I ever find one.

S spanner and adjustable.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

broken.thumb.jpg.e942daa3791df8c4bf345a6caa078a49.jpg

Size 11 Wrench braced. Really flexible. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

If you can find a Harbor Freight their wrenches are usually pretty good.

Try and get the ones in the top photo with the green label that are made in India. I think it was @Tom Flesher who told me to avoid the ones in the bottom row that are made in china as they can snap.

Harbor Freight wrenches.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Oh, thanks, I'll keep this in mind. How much lbs will it take to bend these Indian wrenches btw?

Nick Rosendaul just told me the latest Harbor Freight 6" from India were really tough - don't buy a big batch of them until your see if they bend or snap.  It looks like you are strong enough to bend the ones from India unless they newer ones are much harder than they used to be.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/23/2023 at 8:39 PM, Max248 said:

These Spanners were in a companion set along with other brands, I've been told to use 6 inch wrenches, but don't have any atm. So I'm just working with this and a bunch of flat bars. I have some chrome vanadium Spanners, I think they're easier than the 8inch adjust.

Was gonna show this on my previous post, but I made a new one.

I'll keep practicing, Just wanna know if I'm ready for a 6 inch wrench now if I ever find one.

S spanner and adjustable.jpeg

Thats pretty cool man, i think ill start trying the 10s and see where it goes.

• Like 1