Question about Grip related Injury - How to rehab?

eman

First I'm not entirely sure what I did that caused this injury (Although I did get hit near this spot and had a deep bruise for a week) however for the last couple of months whenever I rotate my hand from palm down to palm up I feel pain just below my elbow in the forearm muscle. It also feels tender to touch or massage.

I'm thinking this is some form of "tennis elbow" but wearing a elbow brace hasn't seemed to help with either the mild pain and/or the rehab.

Grippers are pretty much out of the question to squeeze any gripper above a Coc 1 causes discomfort. I also notice the pain whenever I lift anything above 30-40lbs very discouraging.

I made the mistake of selling all my grippers once and now there collecting dust again :(

Watch every single video about physiotherapy for tennis elbow, make a short list of exercises.
Use elastic bondage on the elbow during the day to keep it warm. Use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory ointment for at least week (put ointment on the elbow, massage it and then put on bondage). Do exercises from the short list 2 times a day.

On the other hand, it feels really bad, go visit a doctor. Although you might want to do MRI study.

Edited by insane.warrior

What type of pain is it i.e. using words to describe it, and when does exactly does it occur? It sounds like a partial tear of the supinator muscle but it could be something else. Also better description of where it is? You just said on top of your elbow, ok but like where?

• 10 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 7:27 PM, eman said:

First I'm not entirely sure what I did that caused this injury (Although I did get hit near this spot and had a deep bruise for a week) however for the last couple of months whenever I rotate my hand from palm down to palm up I feel pain just below my elbow in the forearm muscle. It also feels tender to touch or massage.

I'm thinking this is some form of "tennis elbow" but wearing a elbow brace hasn't seemed to help with either the mild pain and/or the rehab.

Grippers are pretty much out of the question to squeeze any gripper above a Coc 1 causes discomfort. I also notice the pain whenever I lift anything above 30-40lbs very discouraging.

I made the mistake of selling all my grippers once and now there collecting dust again :(

How are u now Eman?Healed?If so,what did u used for rehab?

I'm 90-95% healed. I was prescriped an anti-inflamitory Diclofenac which I used sparringly for a week or two and I avoided as much as possible any additional physical labor * I haven't really done much grip work and it is much better. I'm fortunate enough to have a desk job that also doesn't require much lifting either. There were some rehab exercises subination with an elastic strap I did as well... I will work up the strenth on these before I hit grippers hard. * you can use a small weight to do the same exercises. 

Recently I started using a Rowing machine and it hasn't bother me but grip isn't a huge factor. I did pickup grippers a couple week ago and no pain with a 1.5 but I can no longer close the #2 with my Right hand and it I don't have the confidence in my strength yet to push it further. 

The # 3 was always a goal of mine and at my peak I could close the 2.5 for 3-4 reps. I'd like to work back towards that goal this year. 

I also heard Jedd / Diesel has a video series on recovering from this injury and I might purchase that video soon as well. 

Good luck with your Grip Goals this year.