Gripzilla grippers

LABZSTS

I don't know how much you guys are on social media and see ads, but I do have a question about it. If you guys have seen the ads for the brand gripzilla, what do you guys think of them as grippers and how do they rank with others? Also do you guys think they're a good influence for new gripsters? 

61xSkwflliL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

The price is way too high, it's more expensive than CoC and even GHP I believe.. Meanwhile it's just another chinese spring gripper.. I would advice buying heavy grips for beginners instead, they're $10 each if you buy the full set from CPW. 

• Like 7

Pretty to look at , watch Derek’s video, and stick with COC ,G.H.P., or Standard grippers from Cannon Powerworks 

• Like 2

I forgot that I made a very serious review of their most challenging gripper.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

They suck.

Gripzilla specifically actually seems like they are taking advantage of people that don't know better and probably don't even strength train to begin with by selling junk grippers for 30 dollars each and paying to advertise on apps like tiktok (from what I keep hearing). Also they named different grippers "baby", "toddler", and "punisher", that's a joke that writes itself. Because why make another cookie cutter brand of the same exact thing that already exists? Also with grip genie i keep hearing that people just like supporting who the people that own it are, but being funny on youtube also doesn't make your grippers not suck. Just saying. It's the same situation with them too (even moreso after I found out they didn't even create the RGT, & that it's just something with their logo put on it that several other companies already sell).

It is definitely funny how the best grippers have practically zero advertising - you would never really know about CoC, GHP, & especially Standard unless it was something you were specifically looking for. Yet the worst grippers on earth are the ones that put in the most effort and money to advertise (I wish I could never see another gripzilla ad again).

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I forgot that I made a very serious review of their most challenging gripper.

I like how they didn't even use the "350 lb" springs in their line up cause they know their target audience will have no chance with those

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got it for 12 bucks on black friday and i gave it away to a friend lol

• Like 3

You must not like that friend to much

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, John Knowlton said:

You must not like that friend to much

He can't stop raving about how good of a doorstop it is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

That’s true , ever gripper has it place

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

Gripzilla specifically actually seems like they are taking advantage of people that don't know better and probably don't even strength train to begin with by selling junk grippers for 30 dollars each and paying to advertise on apps like tiktok (from what I keep hearing). Also they named different grippers "baby", "toddler", and "punisher", that's a joke that writes itself. Because why make another cookie cutter brand of the same exact thing that already exists? Also with grip genie i keep hearing that people just like supporting who the people that own it are, but being funny on youtube also doesn't make your grippers not suck. Just saying. It's the same situation with them too (even moreso after I found out they didn't even create the RGT, & that it's just something with their logo put on it that several other companies already sell).

It is definitely funny how the best grippers have practically zero advertising - you would never really know about CoC, GHP, & especially Standard unless it was something you were specifically looking for. Yet the worst grippers on earth are the ones that put in the most effort and money to advertise (I wish I could never see another gripzilla ad again).

I can wholeheartedly agree. Not only are they the only ones I get adds for, but always the same goofy dude trying to sell them to us. Just like everyone else, they're trying to rush out and mass produce garbage products. I hope more people stay away from these

• Like 1

I 100% trust what you guys say about them. Even based on appearance of construction and marketing, ik they are not good. I'll stick to COC and Standard.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LABZSTS said:

I 100% trust what you guys say about them. Even based on appearance of construction and marketing, ik they are not good. I'll stick to COC and Standard.

I'm never one to tell someone how to spend their money, but I think everyone needs GHPs in their collection.  Their spread widths make for incredible training for 38mm and CCS.  I also love their knurling.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I'm never one to tell someone how to spend their money, but I think everyone needs GHPs in their collection.  Their spread widths make for incredible training for 38mm and CCS.  I also love their knurling.

I just ordered my 2nd GHP7 so that I can have an extra one to file as I like using filed GHP5/GHP6 when warming up so it will fit in there perfectly, as sometimes I go different directions after hitting the filed GHP6 so this will keep things more even. I'd use lighter GHP's if I had them but for doing like 1-3 warmup reps my filed CoC trainer & filed #1 works, otherwise I would use GHP's for that too. GHP has dual knurling on them, the finger side is smoother and the palm side is coarser. I've been using mine more than ever after very slightly filing the knurling down after that session where I tore a lot of skin. Remember that GHP10 I set the other day? Ya that's with filed down knurling to make it smoother. The way that I grip it just works out better to have a more broken in feel that isn't super sharp.

• Like 3