Bending+Training Log

Londonjoseph

Diamond classic 0 heart

Sx7 #2 no leg pad, got further on the crush down than usual.

Great bends today. My technique is hot garbage, I just eat these bends then poop them out, no digestion

Snapchat-184005332.jpg

• Like 5

KILLER DUDE. You destroyed them

• Like 1

Tried a really hard horseshoe today

Sx7 4x0

Got it to almost 90°. Took 3 immense hits on the kink. My technique is still awful, so I'm working on it. 

Might try to grab some more.diamond special 0, they're about the same size, but a lot easier obviously. Would be great for technique work. 

I spent 30 minutes trying to finish the shoe. Enormous effort. Took everything I had. That's a real workout. 

Snapchat-492930996.jpg

Snapchat-1894332487.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Great reverse bend workout today in ironmind pads

3x black triangle grade 8 bolt (one fully crushed down)

1x Red nail. 

All took two hits

Snapchat-481676562.jpg

• Like 5

Awesome bending man! How’s life as a dad?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Awesome bending man! How’s life as a dad?

It's awesome. I get excited to see my son after work. It gives me a lot of purpose. I'm happy and proud to be a dad! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

It's awesome. I get excited to see my son after work. It gives me a lot of purpose. I'm happy and proud to be a dad! 

That’s great to hear. He’s a got a great man to look up to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blacksmith513 said:

That’s great to hear. He’s a got a great man to look up to.

Thanks Joe. Having a dad that can do a red nail every way in singles ironmind pads is pretty cool! 

My dad never did any kind of lifting, but he was an amazing father. 

I wanna be like him 😌

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Thanks Joe. Having a dad that can do a red nail every way in singles ironmind pads is pretty cool! 

My dad never did any kind of lifting, but he was an amazing father. 

I wanna be like him 😌

Yes that sure is. I want to be like my dad too and it freaks me out the older I get the more I see how similar I am to him.

my old man never did any lifting but I wish he did. Every thing I’m working hard towards grip wise he could have done with ease. I’d put all my money on it.

• Like 3

Dad strength coming in hot!!

• Like 3

21 isometric hits on a kerckhaert SSP #3 8x22

Got a little bit of movement, didn't expect any. 

Filmed every hit, compared technique to some other videos of some very good guys like David wrigren, and Vladislav Scherbakov. 

I showed the footage to David, and he gave me some very good tips. They should help out a lot, he's been great to me. 

My technique is still very bad, absolute garbage, but doing the isometrics forces me to take a better position, and it's a great workout. 

I'll be doing more shoe attempts when the bruising on my leg heals, I feel like I learned a lot today, and I'm very sore. Big gains for sure. 

Snapchat-779011715.jpg

Snapchat-82866050.jpg

• Like 4

Hurt something in my pronator a few days ago, have had something like this happen before. I was just doing light stuff and it got a bit hurt. 

No unbraced bending, or armwrestling training. Braced feels fine. So I'll do that for now. 

It'll take ~2-3 weeks to heal. 

11 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Hurt something in my pronator a few days ago, have had something like this happen before. I was just doing light stuff and it got a bit hurt. 

No unbraced bending, or armwrestling training. Braced feels fine. So I'll do that for now. 

It'll take ~2-3 weeks to heal. 

Hope it will heal soon!

• Thanks 1

8x 80D hot dipped spike leg crush style. 

I don't practice leg crush so this was good for me. 

Probably one of the hardest variations of 80D

Snapchat-1361501369.jpg

• Like 3

Had another annoying obstacle.

A pole barn nail punctured my right forearm, and went inside it about 3cm. Happened at work on friday. Had to get a tetanus shot. It was freaky. A board with some nails sticking through fell over at work and it went right through me. It was STUCK. Pulling it out was freaky. It was hurting a bit to even use my extensors, squeeze.my hand, etc. 

That's ok. My pronator has healed, and I feel strong enough to make some braced bending attempts tomorrow. Pain is gone too from the puncture. I'm glad I'm healing faster. Some leg crush and horseshoes tomorrow, maybe some band stuff for bloodflow. 

• Like 4

I’m glad you are feeling better.

• Like 2

Ironmind Gold nail cut to 6", LEG CRUSH STYLE

Screenshot_20240603-114754.png

Snapchat-355171579.jpg

Snapchat-1124989524.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Had another annoying obstacle.

A pole barn nail punctured my right forearm, and went inside it about 3cm. Happened at work on friday. Had to get a tetanus shot. It was freaky. A board with some nails sticking through fell over at work and it went right through me. It was STUCK. Pulling it out was freaky. It was hurting a bit to even use my extensors, squeeze.my hand, etc. 

That's ok. My pronator has healed, and I feel strong enough to make some braced bending attempts tomorrow. Pain is gone too from the puncture. I'm glad I'm healing faster. Some leg crush and horseshoes tomorrow, maybe some band stuff for bloodflow. 

Nice crush with the gold nail today. Sorry to hear about this... Punctures like this are very painful. Smart to get tetanus/tdap shot.. 

• Like 1

Thanks brother!

Tried a 10mmx6" hot rolled square. Got stuck here, but I'm happy with the work I put in today. 

Snapchat-919167718.jpg

Snapchat-400909712.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday just a 6mmx150mm 12.9 reverse bend. 2 big hits. That's all. 

Today was armwrestling stuff, 6x6 hands

Strict style bicep curls, 50lbs

Riser curls (full ROM), 45lbs

Hammer curls 60lbs

Pronation curls  (full ROM) 50lbs. 

Good pumps today. Likely some horseshoes tomorrow. 

Snapchat-270197585.jpg

• Like 2

Couldn't do the horseshoes lately. Been way too busy at work. 

Saw my grandfather (79 years old) and my biological grandfather (65 years old) who I have met only a few times. Nice guy. 

Brought my son, went with some family to dinner. It was a great time. At the end I did a hard grade 8 bolt reverse bend for them. It was really easy, no warmup. Got it to about 90° in two hits, and then crushed it. 

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. There will DEFINITELY be some shoe attempts tomorrow.

• Like 3

10 SSP3 isometrics. 

3x 85lbsx6 pronated back pressure hammer curls

That's all for today. 

Got my hands on a 5/8"x48" HRS round bar, and a 1/2"x48" HRS square bar.

Gonna cut the square to 16" and try it tomorrow. Never seen a video of anything under 17". 

• Like 1