How much harder is a No Set compared to a Wide set.

DevilErik

Hey guys as most of you know I only train no sets because setting simply doesn't work for me.

I was wondering how much more difficult a No Set is compared to a wide set.

If there are people that train both and have actual numbers to compare it would be even better.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

My best CCS is 148 RGC and my best TNS is 126 RGC, however I think hand size is very important for a good TNS technique. I have to place the gripper so far back in my palm to reach the handle, that I struggle to close them all the way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

My best CCS is 148 RGC and my best TNS is 126 RGC, however I think hand size is very important for a good TNS technique. I have to place the gripper so far back in my palm to reach the handle, that I struggle to close them all the way.

I understand that hand size is very important when it comes to these things but DAMN.

I never thought it would be something like a 20 LB difference that is HUGE.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I understand that hand size is very important when it comes to these things but DAMN.

I never thought it would be something like a 20 LB difference that is HUGE.

My hand is 20 cm but my fingers are very short. My palm is 12cm and my middle finger is 8cm, pretty sure that ratio is very unusual lol.

Edited by EmilBB
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

My hand is 20 cm but my fingers are very short. My palm is 12cm and my middle finger is 8cm, pretty sure that ratio is very unusual lol.

Damn my THUMB is 7+ that is indeed very unusual.

Edited by DevilErik
Sounds betters like this.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Damn my THUMB is 7+ you have some funky ratios indeed.

Definitely funky to say the least lol, my thumb is only 5.5 aswell and I believe we're the same height.

Just now, EmilBB said:

Definitely funky to say the least lol, my thumb is only 5.5 aswell and I believe we're the same height.

I am 193cm tall and my right hand is 22cm long I have never measured my left hand.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

Depends entirely on hand size. The larger hand you have the difference will be less.

I just learned something new.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I am 193cm tall and my right hand is 22cm long I have never measured my left hand.

About the same then, I'm 192cm tall. However I think I got my fingers from my mom who is 160cm 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, EmilBB said:

About the same then, I'm 192cm tall. However I think I got my fingers from my mom who is 160cm 😂

Hahahahahaha

Edited by DevilErik

12 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I think we are in the same boat. I also have normal hands but the proportions is not good for grip, short finger, or long palms. I would rather just have long fingers, I think that's much better for grip sport in general.

• Like 1

I can TNS my 151 #3 for two reps when fresh, but I can't quite TNS my 159 Cobalt, yet.

My hands are giant.

4.3in/11cm Breadth (Across my knuckles)

8.5in/21.6cm Length (Middle fingertip to wrist crease)

9.25in/23.5cm Circumference (Around my knuckles)

I'm 6ft/1.8m tall.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

I can TNS my 151 #3 for two reps when fresh, but I can't quite TNS my 159 Cobalt, yet.

My hands are giant.

4.3in/11cm Breadth (Across my knuckles)

8.5in/21.6cm Length (Middle fingertip to wrist crease)

9.25in/23.5cm Circumference (Around my knuckles)

I'm 6ft/1.8m tall.

Difference between your CCS/Wide set and your TNS?

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Hey guys as most of you know I only train no sets because setting simply doesn't work for me.

I was wondering how much more difficult a No Set is compared to a wide set.

If there are people that train both and have actual numbers to compare it would be even better.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Why do you think that setting doesn't work for you? Is it possible you were just doing it with poor technique?

Just now, C8Myotome said:

Why do you think that setting doesn't work for you? Is it possible you were just doing it with poor technique?

I will never have the upper body strength for it because I am unable to do resistance training due to health issues.

• Sad 2

From the beginning atleast from what i saw of your logs you gave setting a go twice and gave up on it, Eventually because of leverage the ability to TNS has a low ceiling for strength and it stalls out

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Difference between your CCS/Wide set and your TNS?

Yes, I can CCS the 159.  I know this isn't the exact comparison you were asking for, but I thought the numbers would help.

• Like 3