Closed Captains of Crush #3.5 in 4 months!

AdriaanRobert96

Just now, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Ok but how am I lying?

What I said was that 4 months post my CoC #3 close, so 1 month for the CoC #3 and another 4 months for the #3.5.

Just a matter of menot calculating things as I should☝🏻

But 4-5 months total since starting to work with the grippers👍🏼

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

Is there a video?

Nope no video, since I don’t record every training.

I usually work myself up and whenever I feel I might be close I’ll record.

With that said, it just happened faster than expected.

• Confused 1

Bro, just make a vid and you can stop all the questions and save a lot of time and drama for the board.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I really don't care either way, but it is peculiar to me when claims are made without any video proof.  We all carry a camera connected to the internet with us these days. It takes 60 seconds.

🤷‍♂️

I get your point, but It just so happened that I actually got it faster than expected..

I don’t do this to record every workout, I just felt like sharing since some people knew I was going for it.

1 minute ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

I get your point, but It just so happened that I actually got it faster than expected..

I don’t do this to record every workout, I just felt like sharing since some people knew I was going for it.

Ok then...it's just as real as the tooth fairy until there is a (good quality/convincing) video

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

I like that someone made an account just to critique a coc 3.5 claim text-only claim lolol. Considering even videos here people have been skeptical about for good reason, I don't know how text-alone is supposed to be convincing. Like here's a list of everyone that has closed a 3.5 that we've seen videos of, and also the guy that wrote a paragraph about it. Plus we have that kid that tried to close one with two hands with an inch gap left then wrote on instagram "fastest person to close a coc 3.5" lolol

I just want to clarify, as I said before I don’t always record.. 

When I do, I am close to closing a gripper but it just so happened I managed to get it that training.

Reason for posting was that some poeple already knew I was going for it, so I made sure to let them know.

I do this for me and no one else, while I get that video proof is required.. I simply notified the ones that already know my progress.

When I get it on video I’ll upload it.

2 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Ok then...it's just as real as the tooth fairy until there is a (good quality/convincing) video

Once again, people are quick to judge.. still didn’t do it for more than the reason to let those who know me understand where I currently am.

8 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Bro, just make a vid and you can stop all the questions and save a lot of time and drama for the board.

When I get it recorded I’ll upload it, no doubt about it.. until then, people should stop being so butt hurt.. not like I claimed I CCS it or anything.

• Haha 1

Just now, AdriaanRobert96 said:

When I get it recorded I’ll upload it, no doubt about it.. until then, people should stop being so butt hurt.. not like I claimed I CCS it or anything.

You can say whatever you want, and so can the people who reply.  But I don't think butt hurt is how people are feeling.  In my opinion, in your posts, you make blustery claims about how strong you are without much work -- so it makes people feel like, ok, if you are so strong let's see.  You don't have to prove it, but they don't have to believe you, and the way you state the claim makes them not want to believe you.  It's a public forum, so you can post the claim, and they can voice the suspicion.  Nobody is really wrong.

What I will observe is this:  Here, on Instagram, on Youtube, on Facebook and in real life at competitions I see guys like @Boulderbrew, @Jedd Johnson, Adam Glass, Jason Dingey, Carl Myerscough, Ivan Cuk and others DOING or POSTING VIDEOS of grip feats (bigger feats than you or I have ever done, like CCS closes of 3.5 or 4, farmers walks with Inch or more in two hands, etc), and saying NOTHING about how big a deal the feat is or how strong they are.  You know who says how big a deal the feats they do are?  The impressed people who comment on the post.  Those guys post the vids without a word.  You post the words without a vid.  That's why you are getting pushback.

I have no horse in this race.  I don't care whether you can or can't do a little less than what those guys do, and a little more than I can.  I'm just explaining it because you seem not to understand why people are giving you a hard time, and I think this is why.  If you or anyone else sees it differently, so be it.  But I think all of the above is why there is a "rule" (possibly unwritten, or maybe written somewhere in the annals of the GripBoard) that you don't make a claim without a vid.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

You can say whatever you want, and so can the people who reply.  But I don't think butt hurt is how people are feeling.  In my opinion, in your posts, you make blustery claims about how strong you are without much work -- so it makes people feel like, ok, if you are so strong let's see.  You don't have to prove it, but they don't have to believe you, and the way you state the claim makes them not want to believe you.  It's a public forum, so you can post the claim, and they can voice the suspicion.  Nobody is really wrong.

What I will observe is this:  Here, on Instagram, on Youtube, on Facebook and in real life at competitions I see guys like @Boulderbrew, @Jedd Johnson, Adam Glass, Jason Dingey, Carl Myerscough, Ivan Cuk and others DOING or POSTING VIDEOS of grip feats (bigger feats than you or I have ever done, like CCS closes of 3.5 or 4, farmers walks with Inch or more in two hands, etc), and saying NOTHING about how big a deal the feat is or how strong they are.  You know who says how big a deal the feats they do are?  The impressed people who comment on the post.  Those guys post the vids without a word.  You post the words without a vid.  That's why you are getting pushback.

I have no horse in this race.  I don't care whether you can or can't do a little less than what those guys do, and a little more than I can.  I'm just explaining it because you seem not to understand why people are giving you a hard time, and I think this is why.  If you or anyone else sees it differently, so be it.  But I think all of the above is why there is a "rule" (possibly unwritten, or maybe written somewhere in the annals of the GripBoard) that you don't make a claim without a vid.

Noted, wasn’t aware of any rule and if so then my mistake for sure.

No more claims without proof, I got that.

40 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Ok but how am I lying?

What I said was that 4 months post my CoC #3 close, so 1 month for the CoC #3 and another 4 months for the #3.5.

Just a matter of menot calculating things as I should☝🏻

But 4-5 months total since starting to work with the grippers👍🏼

Also what you’re seeing there is me

buying the grippers and trying them on and off whenever I felt like for 2 years before really training for them.

I had a decent spike and managed to get the #3 a couple of times.

I get your point, but that’s not the case.

I started really working grippers with a regime, sets and reps just 4-5 months ago.. before that it was just messing around hoping I’d close it someday.

Funny you should mention that you didn't train grippers seriously or didn't have a regime back then. Here's a comment where you specify exactly how you trained to get the 3 closed.

Hmmm3.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was just saying we are all going to reserve judgement until there is some actual media file to be judged. & Vinnie is right, trying to make a feat seem more impressive than it actually is by adding pretext of i "i did ____ after only _____" seems like an attempt to undermine others who have actually done those feats but took longer to get there (& actually provided proof). That's like when people have to add in that something was done sleeveless or beltless etc 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

I was just saying we are all going to reserve judgement until there is some actual media file to be judged. & Vinnie is right, trying to make a feat seem more impressive than it actually is by adding pretext of i "i did ____ after only _____" seems like an attempt to undermine others who have actually done those feats but took longer to get there (& actually provided proof). That's like when people have to add in that something was done sleeveless or beltless etc 

It’s your right to believe whatever you want, with that said I felt it was something worth adding..

It has nothing to do with undermining anyone.

Got your point tho.

25 minutes ago, TheInvestigator said:

Funny you should mention that you didn't train grippers seriously or didn't have a regime back then. Here's a comment where you specify exactly how you trained to get the 3 closed.

Hmmm3.png

Once again, this is now and then.. whenever trying get it closed.

And also if you snoop further in you’ll see I did it the wrong way, hence my injury wich set me off for atleast 6months to a year :)

It's true, there is a rule that says you need to provide proof for "world class" feats, it can be a video or if you have witnesses. However the rule is a bit ambiguous, what "world class" actually means is totally subjective.
In my opinion there should be a clarification of this rule. A list of feats should be stated very clearly. So everyone know where the line is drawn.

In my opinion a deep set close of a #3.5 (even a really hard one) is not world class. For that set a #4 should be closed. There's like almost 50 people who have closed the #4.

For a #3.5 to be "world class" in my book it should be closed with CCS or at least a wide set.

Having said that, if you don't feel like sharing videos, which I think is completely fine. Then you should just start a training log instead. You can post anything you like there.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

It's true, there is a rule that says you need to provide proof for "world class" feats, it can be a video or if you have witnesses. However the rule is a bit ambiguous, what "world class" actually means is totally subjective.
In my opinion there should be a clarification of this rule. A list of feats should be stated very clearly. So everyone know where the line is drawn.

Having said that, if you don't feel like sharing videos, which I think is completely fine. Then you should just start a training log instead. You can post anything you like there.

I’ll make sure to share videos only from now on, the rules whatever they may be wasn’t within my awareness.

I’ll probably start a training log instead

What people should also know is that you don’t put words in someones mouth”undermining” or saying I am lying about the time taken.

It’s easy to assume..

With that said, one could easily have said: “hey, try getting it on video for us”..

And then people talk about undermining..

Seems like trying to make someone look bad is more fun.

The following feats are all world class: 2 old school york 45's plate pinch, a coc 4 close with a credit card set, millennium db lift and a 45 lb plate curl.

Inch db, coc 3 and pinching regular 45's are elite feats.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

From a moderation stand point, I would say chill out here guys. It's a #3.5 close. He'll post a vid or he won't. This thread reads like trying to "get him" or "catch him" on something. There is no need for that. Regarding the rules for proof, it's simply not a world class feat. 

Everybody remember to drink some water.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheInvestigator said:

His age aswell 🧐

Well, this whole thread was reported. If don't want to get perm banned because you created this fake account (Yes, I know who you are) then stop posting with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

From a moderation stand point, I would say chill out here guys. It's a #3.5 close. He'll post a vid or he won't. This thread reads like trying to "get him" or "catch him" on something. There is no need for that. Regarding the rules for proof, it's simply not a world class feat. 

Everybody remember to drink some water.  

Thanks, Matt for stepping in as a mod as it was defn. needed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DevilErik said:

The following feats are all world class: 2 old school york 45's plate pinch, a coc 4 close with a credit card set, millennium db lift and a 45 lb plate curl.

Inch db, coc 3 and pinching regular 45's are elite feats.

Credit card setting the new CoC 4 (±95 kg)? TNS/CCS the 3.5 (±80 kg) isn't enough?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, josé adalton said:

Credit card setting the new CoC 4 (±95 kg)? TNS/CCS the 3.5 (±80 kg) isn't enough?

Credit card setting a new 4 is beyond world class, Thats like the 500kg deadlift, Or someone pressing a millennium dumbbell above their head

• Like 3

On 2/10/2023 at 2:00 AM, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Credit card setting a new 4 is beyond world class, Thats like the 500kg deadlift, Or someone pressing a millennium dumbbell above their head

I wouldn’t say it’s that level.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slazbob said:

I wouldn’t say it’s that level.

As far as I know, no one has done a credit card set on a new 4. So I'm curious why you don't think it's on the same level as the feats he listed?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EmilBB said:

As far as I know, no one has done a credit card set on a new 4. So I'm curious why you don't think it's on the same level as the feats he listed?

Just the magnitude of 1100 lb deadlift. And since many haven’t even lifted the millennium…never mind overhead, I’ve seen many more people within a no.4 ccs. Carl has already done it on video, whether it was out of the package or not. 

maybe he meant the rarity of all these feats, which he is correct. But I was thinking about the true power of each feat isn’t on the same level. IMO of course.

• Like 2