Low Cost Full Length Thick Bars

OldGuy

Yeah, I saw those. I wondered about their strength, but then I figured I wouldn't be testing their limits any time soon. Real cheap though!

I bought the Super Yoke that they sell a while ago. Pretty nice and durable. I had to make a few modifications-but other than that, it is a good piece of equipment.

Rick Walker :rock

We've experimented with tube/pipe bars similar to that...but judgeing by the weight of the bars it looks like 11 gauge steel???Ours were (i believe)3/16"(or 7 gauge?).Ours WERE OK but for heavy deads and especially squats they will likely bend...or if you have an accident and drop tube bars they could also bend.

For light stuff or thick bar curls OUR tube bars were fine.We've got a pile of them scrapped though.

On the other hand we bent a 1500lb.rated,Crepinsik Safety squat bar...so maybe we are just hard on equipment.

I'm getting a 2" one for Christmas. I plan on using it for O-lifting, but I'm sure some heavy deads will find their way in as well. I'll let you guys know how it holds up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 3" thick bar on the way from brute force and the owner Lance said he had pulled a 500 d.l. with these bars.

Hey Rick what modifacations did you do to your super yoke? I got one from brute force about a month ago and like it alot but if theres some stuff to make it better i'm all for it.

I welded the bottom on. It is still adjustable at the top-but the bottom was just too damn wobbly-almost blew out my knees and back with it shaking like it was. Much better now-stable and still adjustable.

Rick Walker :rock

Their thick dumbell handles are really cheap also. Several people on the strongman message boards have bought his products and have been very pleased. Even if it does bend or break Lance has a policy that he will fix or replace it for free.

Squeezemaster Jeff,

Just a warning, if you plan to do O-Lifting with hollow thick bars, it will not be a question of if they will bend but when.(Unless you plan on never missing a lift) :cool

Thanks for the tip. Apparently my mother got confused by several of my requests so I didn't get the bar I asked for, I got grippers instead (you'd have to know her to understand how she could be that far off). I got a SA, M, SM, GM, and E from Warren Tetting. Good stuff. Guess I'll have to wait a little while for my thick bar.