Training grip while on vacation...

Blacksmith513

I'm off to Colorado Tues-Sunday. Thursday-Sun I'll be in a hotel with a gym... Not sure what they have there for equipment but i'm sure its nothing special.

Whatever i do will be like 30% effort.  There will be lots of beer, bourbon and beef consumed, so I need to do something to offset it. 

I'm tempted to bring my Vulcan V2 plus the thumbscrews and training grippers for a change and Wrist Developer then doing the Deck of Cards workout for conditioning.., but i'd be devastated. if they got lost somehow. 

Just looking for ideas on what you guys do.. Or maybe I should just take a rest week.

• Like 2

Grippers are light and travel well. The hotel gym may have plates so you could bring a loading pin and some attachments. 

Have fun and drink too much! (Yes, you read that right) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, stranger said:

Grippers are light and travel well. The hotel gym may have plates so you could bring a loading pin and some attachments. 

Have fun and drink too much! (Yes, you read that right) 

can you bring them in your carry on? I know they are replaceable and I have two of each but it would ruin my trip if they got lost. 

I will drink too much. I’ve cut way back this last year but I’ll make up for it this week.

Edited by Blacksmith513

19 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

can you bring them in your carry on? I know they are replaceable and I have two of each but it would ruin my trip if they got lost. 

I will drink too much. I’ve cut way back this last year but I’ll make up for it this week.

I'm not sure about that. They might not let you carry it on but I don't know. 

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t train at all - enjoy the trip and start fresh when you return 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Along with this, purposely overtrain so to speak prior to leaving.  Then, completely rest.  Be careful, but this is a method to overshoot for some gains too after resuming coming back.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Along with this, purposely overtrain so to speak prior to leaving.  Then, completely rest.  Be careful, but this is a method to overshoot for some gains too after resuming coming back.

Good idea, i'm going to try and get in a session tonight after work if I have time.

7 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Thanks. I might just do that, its going to be a long while, barring sickness or injury until I get another rest....  

• Like 1

Just eat drink and be happy enjoy your vacation. Hit the reset button when you get home.

• Like 1