Legacy 125 blob lift - Half of a 125  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Legacy 125 blob lift - Half of a 125

• pass
    • fail

This poll is closed to new votes

1. Must lift to full deadlift position.

2. Only chalk allowed.

3. The lift must be followed down under reasonable control.

• Like 12

I don't know. @ZRMMA , looks like you maybe lost it there right at the very end.

You are more than capable of doing it, i'll watch the video a few more times. Not trying to be a bastard, your one of my favorite grippers and I want to vote pass... 

*edit* voted pass, its a real solid lift

Edited by Blacksmith513

5 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I don't know. @ZRMMA , looks like you maybe lost it there right at the very end.

You are more than capable of doing it, i'll watch the video a few more times. Not trying to be a bastard, your one of my favorite grippers and I want to vote pass... 

*edit* voted pass, its a real solid lift

I don’t think I’ve ever had a blob actually slip out on the descent. I know here the rules call for returning it to the ground under control so I do.  In this video what you’re seeing is me releasing my hand and loosening it up as soon as it hits the rubber mat. When there’s so much tension/stretch on the hand with heavy stuff the bounce back off the mat can be rough and a good way to get injured or cut.the hand is already in a bad position to absorb the shock from the mats. A lot of training videos I’ll intentionally release the blob right before the ground or even take my other hand and just grab it and set it down. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ZRMMA said:

I don’t think I’ve ever had a blob actually slip out on the descent. I know here the rules call for returning it to the ground under control so I do.  In this video what you’re seeing is me releasing my hand and loosening it up as soon as it hits the rubber mat. When there’s so much tension/stretch on the hand with heavy stuff the bounce back off the mat can be rough and a good way to get injured or cut.the hand is already in a bad position to absorb the shock from the mats. A lot of training videos I’ll intentionally release the blob right before the ground or even take my other hand and just grab it and set it down. 

You lifted it easy and lowered it easy so it did throw me off.... It makes sense, i never thought about it but it does look like it would be hard on the hands. 

At the time of judging 22 pass votes were registered (which is enough for the feat to be accepted)

I've watched the clip several times, paused it and I'm sorry but I just couldn't pass it.

Why?  Because the blob was not it contact with your hand (in your grip) when it initially touched the floor. I don't consider that to be "reasonable control"

Note trying to start an argument or cause a stir - I simply judge these feats as if it were a grip comp attempt.  It looked questionable on first view and with the ability to review I just wasn't comfortable giving it a pass.  I accept that some will think or argue that I'm being too harsh or strict. . . .  I'm just calling it as I see it

2 hours ago, gripmaniac said:

At the time of judging 22 pass votes were registered (which is enough for the feat to be accepted)

I've watched the clip several times, paused it and I'm sorry but I just couldn't pass it.

Why?  Because the blob was not it contact with your hand (in your grip) when it initially touched the floor. I don't consider that to be "reasonable control"

Note trying to start an argument or cause a stir - I simply judge these feats as if it were a grip comp attempt.  It looked questionable on first view and with the ability to review I just wasn't comfortable giving it a pass.  I accept that some will think or argue that I'm being too harsh or strict. . . .  I'm just calling it as I see it

If it slipped out of his hand on the way down at knee height or something like that I would agree with you but he had it in his hand all the way into the very last millisecond that's difficult to notice even in .25x slow motion. 

There’s a difference in something falling out of someone’s hand and them intentionally releasing it. I understand reasonable control is needed for the voting in this poll so I understand your stance on failing the lift @gripmaniac

but also understand that judging a feat like a comp lift doesn’t make any sense because it’s not a comp (and almost every organization/comp has different rules..and most of this grip stuff is just made up and partially enforced by who? Our peers aka “the community” Like a blob lift calls for “reasonable control” and one must set it down. But you can lift the inch to height and it’s not required to set it down. Why? Who says the inch lift counts when dropped but me intentionally letting go of a blob just can’t be passed?

It’s just interesting among most grip feats and gripsport there’s very rarely any consistency and it often seems that people never question anything or know the reasoning behind what they say.

Edited by ZRMMA
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

There’s a difference in something falling out of someone’s hand and them intentionally releasing it. I understand reasonable control is needed for the voting in this poll so I understand your stance on failing the lift @gripmaniac

but also understand that judging a feat like a comp lift doesn’t make any sense because it’s not a comp (and almost every organization/comp has different rules..and most of this grip stuff is just made up and partially enforced by who? Our peers aka “the community” Like a blob lift calls for “reasonable control” and one must set it down. But you can lift the inch to height and it’s not required to set it down. Why? Who says the inch lift counts when dropped but me intentionally letting go of a blob just can’t be passed?

It’s just interesting among most grip feats and gripsport there’s very rarely any consistency and it often seems that people never question anything or know the reasoning behind what they say.

I think @Jedd Johnsoncovered something like this on the gripboard in the past.  I can't find it now, but I think he considered it acceptable to "release" at the bottom, thereby preventing a finger jam/injury when you get a bounce at the set down.

• Like 4

Just now, Allen Heineck said:

I think @Jedd Johnsoncovered something like this on the gripboard in the past.  I can't find it now, but I think he considered it acceptable to "release" at the bottom, thereby preventing a finger jam/injury when you get a bounce at the set down.

Absolutely makes sense and that’s what I was referring to up above lifting blobs. I think heavy hub lifts are the same way. So much tension on the hand/fingers with these lifts.. so I wasn’t sure why for one feat the rules were different when all of them essentially can have the same risks on landing.

• Like 3

If anyone wants my feedback, that is a good lift.  Looks to me like he purposefully released it as a safety measure.  You can jam a thumb setting block weights down really easily and then be affected for weeks.

• Like 2