Pda Chokers

Cunny

I squeezed and pushed the handle against the floor and slipped the Choker onto my #3 with no problems. It fit to P2 pretty easily. The whole thing took 10 seconds tops. Wrap the wire if you want and it's done.

willardjamessloan,

Do you have a pic or a more thorough descrpition? I am intrigued.

I've had a choker for a week or two now and I like it real well, I still can't quite close my #3, even in the choker but awful close now. Before, it was really hard to work the close, now it's easy to just crush down on my thigh a little until the handles touch, and hold on until my hand spreads whether I want it to or not. Negatives - much easier to do.

PICTURE A PIECE OF METAL SHAPED IN A SQUARE WITH ONE SIDE MISSING,IT HAS A BACKING THERE PLACED ON THREADS SCREWED ON. WHAT YOU DO IS CLOSE YOU GRIPPER IT WILL ONLY OPEN AS FAR AS THE BACKING HOLDS IT. TO MAKE IT REALLY TIGHT AND SAFE ADD A ANOTHER BACKING MAYBE 25 CENTS. I HAVE USED THIS FOR MONTHS WITH GREAT SUCCESS

Some days I am a little slow, but for the life of me I could not figure out what willardjamessloan was talking about. I could not picture what type of hinge would work as a choaker. Then I couldn't figure out what type of hinge matched his description.

While in Menard's over the weekend I was looking for something for a project and it hit me. Willardjamessloan was talking about a square U-bolt.

Like this:

U-Bolts

...or a solid welded ring, or a piece of pipe with a bolt and a couple nuts, etc.

I managed to find a solid welded ring that fit over my #1 and made it almost exactly parallel. Then my mom closed it with either hand!

I took my #3 to Lowes today to give this a try. There is no way a U-bolt could be used as a choker. There is no way it would stay on the spring, and the backings looked as though there was too much pressure.

-HH

hey guys sorry about the confusion, I have put my 3 on the u-jt but slide on two backers it works fine. I wish I could send a picture but do not have the equipment. btw if 2 does not seem to hold put 3 on they are only 25 cents

• 3 weeks later...

1 1/2 " metal washers work well for the #1, #2, and the Super Master. I found them at Ace Hardware for $1.17. The washer gap is actually 1 5/8". When they are put on, the handle gap is 15/16" for the #2 & 1-1/16" for the SM. The inside of the washer would have to be grinded slightly for it to fit on the #3. Most hardware stores don't carry washers this big, however I did find them at a large Ace Hardware. I did buy some extras to pass on, if they can't be found in your area.

I managed to find a solid welded ring that fit over my #1 and made it almost exactly parallel. Then my mom closed it with either hand!

I think we may be starting to get to the bottom of the reason for your talent with grippers Clay....I doubt that my father could do that :blush

I'm going to get some washers next week. PDA photos look almost like washers. You could use a metal file and file them down to open up a bit more. I think you could also put a round piece of wood in the circular part of the spring and rubber band it to it's self. This would prevent the washer from falling off.

I found 1 1/2 inch metal rings. They work on the 1 and below. I don't think it would be safe to file them. BUT, it should be safe on a larger 1 1/2 inch washer. I haven't found them locally, but I have a few more places to check. Mcmaster has them online. They are a source for nearly everything....

http://www.mcmaster.com/

The McMaster website also has 1 5/8" washers with an inside diameter of 1 3/4". These would probably fit the #3 coc. It looks like you have to buy them by the pack for $9.10 + shipping.

I've been using a washer with a 2" hole for a while now and it works fine, it puts the handles pretty close to paralell. It does have to be set just over the tops of the handles and not on the springs. It works on any gripper I've tried so far. COC 1,2,3 and PDA 262 all fit fine. You have to watch you don't catch the little web of skin between your thumb and fore finger between reps but after you do that once, you'll remember not to do it again. They cost me $1.70 each at the local retail steel yard.