Holle-it-up Dumbells

vince

well i finally got it.

my thoughts? well i'm not the most experienced grip maniac; however i think it is alright.

i talked about this with Shawn M, and i have to agree with what he said. it really stresses the thumb pending on how you grab it. as you already know, the handle is placed off centre.

here's an example, with 40 lbs on the handle, and the sleeves on my thumb side... 40 lbs was VERY challenging to lift. however if i had the sleeves on the tip of my fingers towards the bottom, 40 lbs was a cake walk - felt like nothing to lift and press.

maybe others will disagree, but i think it is good. would've liked to get a hold of the inch handle from PDA but can't so i can't really compare or comment on that.

stay strong!

Go buy a piece of pvc pipe about 20 inches long and wrap duct tape around the handle until it is 2.5 or so and voila, you're got the PDA inch loadable.

-Napalm Jedd-

very good point indeed.

i remember in one of your vids you were using that piece of equipment you made; however, the holle handle was shipped then at that time.

i got some pipe that i will be workin on to do just that.

Vince: thanks for the information. I'm probably going to purchase a Holle 'bell some time next week, so I'll follow up here with my thoughts on it soon thereafter.

Keep us posted!

33wes dude, i'm not saying you should or shouldn't.

but wouldn't be a bad idea to try out jedd's idea with the PVC pipe.

if cash is not a problem go for it.

i'll keep ya posted

Vince: been thinking about it since the catalog showed up in the mail. I'd like to pick up the PDA Inch adjustable instead, but it accepts olympic plates instead of exercise plates.

I think this new dumbell is very interesting. You can simulate similar stresses of a heavy thick bar with realitivly little weight. Cool idea. Yes, thickbars are not hard to make on your own. I like the thick bar idea of using a standard bar sleeved with PVC and filled with cement. I wonder if you could set the handle off center using this method?

-HH

I have the Holle handle,i used to have the PDA loadable but i gave it away and made my own at 2.38",2.5",3" and 3.5".

The Holle handle does do what it was intended to do and is a nice cheap and creative idea.

I was in the Holle brothers trainer den last sunday and got to do some lifting wityh them,there equipment/grip toys are awesome and there are a few things that are

getting an article done on them in future MILOS,but i cannot say what but you all will be blown away,these lads are not only the best crushes and benders on the planet they are also very creative in what they make.

33Wes

I only got it on Sunday last so have only used it once,i put 40k on it to see what it was like,only did it with my left as my right wrist is recovering from injury.