Ring and Pinky Pull Ups for Grippers?

AdriaanRobert96

So here’s another year where I harass you mentally with my theories😂

Alright so by the title you can guess already, has anyone tried doing ring and pinky pull ups for gripper strength increase?

I am thinking more specifically about the last mms of the grippers where it’s hardest.

I know pull ups are very static for the fingers, just curious if anyone’s tried it specifially for that.

If not, I might give it a go and let ya’ll

know😎

unless you weigh under 150lbs, i feel like the time and energy it would take to get good at ring and pinky pull ups, you could use use it for grippers. Even then, if you are under 150lbs, and training for grippers... Eat an extra ham sandwich and get crushing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why go straight to a potentially hazardous pull up, just use your ring and pinky to lift weight from a loading pin with a normal handle or a strap, then you can load progressively and skip the injuries that inpatient people get. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

unless you weigh under 150lbs, i feel like the time and energy it would take to get good at ring and pinky pull ups, you could use use it for grippers. Even then, if you are under 150lbs, and training for grippers... Eat an extra ham sandwich and get crushing. 

Hmm, makes sense I guess.. I wanted to hear if someone made some serious progress with it😮💨

I currently weigh in at 240lbs at 6 foot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Why go straight to a potentially hazardous pull up, just use your ring and pinky to lift weight from a loading pin with a normal handle or a strap, then you can load progressively and skip the injuries that inpatient people get. 

I like this idèa, I will keep this one in mind.

Thanks👍🏼

29 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

I like this idèa, I will keep this one in mind.

Thanks👍🏼

The other is to just use a light gripper inverted, and only close it with the last two fingers, that is what the Imtug grippers were made for but it works fine on a normal one especially with your strength you won't need the super light sizes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

The other is to just use a light gripper inverted, and only close it with the last two fingers, that is what the Imtug grippers were made for but it works fine on a normal one especially with your strength you won't need the super light sizes. 

Yeah I’ve stried the inverted gripper a couple of times, but not regularly enough to track any benefits or progress😅

Much appreciated💪🏽