Newest Dynamometer World Record - Brian Shaw, 162.4kg, left hand 14:10

Heath_00000

The previous record was Vitaly Laletin at 159.3kg, right hand. This record doesn't follow grippermania rules, so it's unofficial. I created this account because this is one of the craziest feats of grip I have ever seen, and you people would appreciate it more than most.

Edited by Heath_00000
Forgot about grippermania ruling.

He is not using the gm-150 so it is not a new world record every dyno is different and will give you a different score.

Unless he is using the exact same dyno as Vitaly it's an apples to oranges comparison.

They should both squeeze the same dyno and then we can see who's the strongest.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 4

I have seen a range of about 50 pounds on my dyno scores depending partly on how I feel but definitely also in part on the instrument.  Always less on the gm-150 than the Baseline.  So yeah, would be good to see what the top folks get on the same instrument.

And of course my best dyno number ever (of which I am very proud) is more than 100 pounds less than either of those guys!

Didn’t Nathan Holle do 167 kilos on the GM150?

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Didn’t Nathan Holle do 167 kilos on the GM150?

That's the last I heard but there's no video as far as I know. Like DevilErik wrote, they vary so we don't know how Brian compares to someone like Vitaly, though I'd expect he'd get a very high reading on the GM 150 as well.

• 1 year later...

I'm curious how Brian Shaw would do with grippers, if he trained them. I've looked for videos of him using grippers, but can't find any.

His hands are huge, so like Mark Felix and others, would probably benefit from specific gripper dimensions that would allow better leverage for large hands and long fingers.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jared P said:

I'm curious how Brian Shaw would do with grippers, if he trained them. I've looked for videos of him using grippers, but can't find any.

I'm pretty sure he certed the coc 3 years ago but I haven't heard of him doing anything past that, definitely has the potential to get to the top of most grip feats

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

I'm pretty sure he certed the coc 3 years ago but I haven't heard of him doing anything past that, definitely has the potential to get to the top of most grip feats

He tried the 3.5 at some point and couldn't do it.  I'm not sure of the timeframe, though.

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

He tried the 3.5 at some point and couldn't do it.  I'm not sure of the timeframe, though.

I suspect that he is not interested enough in grippers to focus on them, and that if he became interested and focused, 3.5 would fall in due course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I suspect that he is not interested enough in grippers to focus on them, and that if he became interested and focused, 3.5 would fall in due course.

Definitely, I was simply sharing that he had tried it at some point.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 7:15 PM, Vinnie said:

I have seen a range of about 50 pounds on my dyno scores depending partly on how I feel but definitely also in part on the instrument.  Always less on the gm-150 than the Baseline.  So yeah, would be good to see what the top folks get on the same instrument.

And of course my best dyno number ever (of which I am very proud) is more than 100 pounds less than either of those guys!

This is interesting because I have maxed 89-90kg with baseline and I even own one so I tested it more often. Gm150 I have tried to squeeze just once/hand, only one 2 sec try and I got like 105 right and 100 left or smth. Much easier for me... 

• Like 2

I own both the Baseline and GM-150. I haven't tried the Baseline recently but in the past they yielded similar results for myself and friends.

I'll try them back to back tonight to see if there's a noticeable difference. Usually my first two squeezes get the highest readings then it goes downhill after that.

Does nobody recognize Nikita Yurkovets at 168.6kg? That's his left too. He's not my favorite person after badmouthing Carl but he does have tremendous grip strength. Vitaly is worth mentioning but isn't #1 anymore. There's also Sergei Likhutev.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ryroza said:

Nathan claimed 174kg on GM150

That's badass, video or proof?

7 hours ago, degradated said:

That's badass, video or proof?

I wish there was a vid. The one moment he's not injured and he doesn't film. Nikita and Nathan collab vid would have been super hype.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 5:38 PM, Vinnie said:

I remember he was at Juji’s old garage years ago trying the 3.5 I think he said it didn’t touch but it looked pretty easy for him but the big hands might have botched it up.

• Like 2