Comprehensive list of exercises?

Dim_Sum_Kid

Is there a resource anywhere that has a list of all the known grip exercises? I've been doing Dave Horne's basic routine variant for a while now. I want to mix it up, but I'm not sure what other moves exist.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dim_Sum_Kid said:

Is there a resource anywhere that has a list of all the known grip exercises? I've been doing Dave Horne's basic routine variant for a while now. I want to mix it up, but I'm not sure what other moves 

There are so many different implements and exercises the list would be too damn long lol.

Edited by DevilErik

Yeah i think grip is the one thing that can trump armwrestling in terms of how much there is to do, There's a new lift introduced every day

2 hours ago, Dim_Sum_Kid said:

Is there a resource anywhere that has a list of all the known grip exercises? I've been doing Dave Horne's basic routine variant for a while now. I want to mix it up, but I'm not sure what other moves exist.

As long as you have the big 3: pinch, supporting, and crushing, you can come up with many different exercises.

rack pulls with your fingers beats your fingers up, but it’s a true grip strengthener. Using towels is another one; it actually works the adductors more than the usual stuff …they are probably the least trained area because it’s tedious to hit them. If you can get a pair of eagle claw straps like Iron Mind’s, and put the loops between your fingers instead of through the loops, and squeeze and lift. you can add some unique strength that will carry over the the other exercises.  

3 hours ago, Dim_Sum_Kid said:

This would be a good place to start: https://www.reddit.com/r/griptraining/wiki/faq/

Edited by devinhoo

12 hours ago, Dim_Sum_Kid said:

Open a text book on human A&P - there you go 👍

On 12/11/2022 at 10:30 AM, Dim_Sum_Kid said:

yes its called the gripboard... Seriously there's so many. Hornes routine covers the basics pretty well, after that it (to me) it becomes more goal dependent... What are your long term and short term goals?

A sledge, rolling handle, pinch blocks, and saxon bar will get you very far. Napalms Nightmare was been pretty good to me so far.

You could just be cognitive of how your hands move and seek to strengthen the natural movements of the fingers and wrists.