Closing capitan of crush no 4 RGC 201 lb .at 139 lb of bodyweight.

Tiziano Becchio

What a terrific outcome!  These type of threads don’t normally result in such a positive outcome – it really is most unusual.

At the point where it became clear who Tiziano’s coach was I started to consider the claims more than likely legit.  Longtime members would remember Sam and I for one had considered him quite credible.

Also, I think Carl deserves high praise for helping resolve this matter. It’s pretty easy to sit back, read & type – but it takes real initiative to get involved and help settle such controversies.  A shout out to Matt as well.

Hopefully this multi-page wrangle of a topic settles the argument/mindset that only “Big Guys” can (MMS) close big grippers.  With the required levels of raw ability, motivation, and productive training that has definitely proven not to be the case.

• Like 5

I think we were all a little skeptical 🤨 

• Like 3

This is astounding. Mad respect for going through the work to prove yourself. I honestly cant wait to see how far you can take it. Any ambitions to cert MM or CoC?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much @bruce1337 I'm really pleased 💪

Immediately certify the ghp9.

I already got in touch for the compartment gm which is the same as monster mash but you can choose the level.

Then I would also like to make Monster mash

Then many other things but one at a time I hope to do everything 💪

• Like 5

20 hours ago, gripmaniac said:

What a terrific outcome!  These type of threads don’t normally result in such a positive outcome – it really is most unusual.

At the point where it became clear who Tiziano’s coach was I started to consider the claims more than likely legit.  Longtime members would remember Sam and I for one had considered him quite credible.

Also, I think Carl deserves high praise for helping resolve this matter. It’s pretty easy to sit back, read & type – but it takes real initiative to get involved and help settle such controversies.  A shout out to Matt as well.

Hopefully this multi-page wrangle of a topic settles the argument/mindset that only “Big Guys” can (MMS) close big grippers.  With the required levels of raw ability, motivation, and productive training that has definitely proven not to be the case.

Yeah I can totally understand why people where skeptical... But like you said, it became pretty clear it was real when we saw who his coach is. 

This has been a real exiting thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was like 99% sure the coc 4 gripper was modified.I have no words for your crushing grip strength.You are the best gripster i have ever seen .Im very curious to see what you can do on a hand a dynamoneter.

Edited by Nick K.
  • Like 2

I’m one of those annoying people who demand the highest standard for the best athletes. IMO the best athletes are crowned in competition together with other competitive athletes present who can ensure that the equipment is real and that there are no shenanigans. 

The video is very clear yes. And it would be VERY hard to fake. But not impossible. Yes, the video is good enough to where I won’t call Tiz a fraud. The video and setting does look legit. But if anyone asks me who is the strongest gripper closer at sub 140 lbs, I’m not going to answer Tiziano. Because I personally only recognize competition results. Or at least achievements that have been done together with other legit athletes present. 

The whole exercise of having other people mail you their grippers and you close it on video is not definite proof that no shenanigans happened. I would only accept it if Carl was in the room, handed his own gripper to Tiziano who then closed it whilst the gripper never left sight. Then it’d be 100%, with zero hesitation, legit.

• Like 2

Each to their own.

I don’t really understand why some people choose not to accept feats of strength unless they personally witness them, are independently verified/witnessed, or they are done in completion. 

Sure, for a one-off display of apparent strength (ie. a single gripper close) a healthy degree of skepticism is warranted, but in this instance: How many different hard grippers would Tiziano have to close / do serious damaged to before he could be reasonably considered legit?  

If this is faked, then it’s extremely elaborate (Carl would have acquired/trashed 3 grippers that many gripperholics here would pay good money for in their unaltered state).  To me that seems more than a little far-fetched – or should we demand he eventually send them to someone else to try or to calibrate?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I’m one of those annoying people who demand the highest standard for the best athletes. IMO the best athletes are crowned in competition together with other competitive athletes present who can ensure that the equipment is real and that there are no shenanigans. 

The video is very clear yes. And it would be VERY hard to fake. But not impossible. Yes, the video is good enough to where I won’t call Tiz a fraud. The video and setting does look legit. But if anyone asks me who is the strongest gripper closer at sub 140 lbs, I’m not going to answer Tiziano. Because I personally only recognize competition results. Or at least achievements that have been done together with other legit athletes present. 

The whole exercise of having other people mail you their grippers and you close it on video is not definite proof that no shenanigans happened. I would only accept it if Carl was in the room, handed his own gripper to Tiziano who then closed it whilst the gripper never left sight. Then it’d be 100%, with zero hesitation, legit.

For reference Wigren voted fail on my "inchdumbell + blob50 lift" Because my video was funky and could have been tampered with or something like that. And the lift was made with his inch dumbell so he knew it was 100% legit xD 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I must admit I have not been following this thread so I don’t know the details. But I assume the grippers are going to be sent back, or have already been sent back to Carl?

If the grippers are not sent back - the feat is very easy to fake. You can just open the package, tamper with the grippers and then re-seal the package and open it on video.

If the grippers are sent back - this would be harder to fake since you would have to aquire or already own the same brand of grippers, tamper with them, switch the grippers, switch the tags and reseal the package. This would be much harder to fake, but still not impossible. It’s not far fetched for a grip enthusiast to own a large set of grippers to witch can be switched with.

Like Thom says. I’m not saying Tinzio is a fraud. I’m saying that for me to accept his achievement the Italians either need to host a grip comp or at least a grip get together with some of the other grip athletes. Maybe he’s already done this? Like I said, I haven’t been following it very closely.

• Like 4

It would require both me and Carl to be in on it. Come on guys.

Time to take your hats off to the man and say he's strong. 

• Like 2

There is such an easy answer to this. Keep climbing the mm ladder…..or at least cert the COC 3.5 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PHATMUSCLE COACHING said:

It would require both me and Carl to be in on it. Come on guys.

Time to take your hats off to the man and say he's strong. 

How would it require you two guys to be in on it? Have you and Carl met Tiziano in person and trained together? 

Does anybody know if the grippers that Carl sent is supposed to be sent back to Carl?

• Like 2

On 12/9/2022 at 3:23 AM, Tiziano Becchio said:

This g

ripper return to Carl 

But i have time to workout with this and close the 220 this Is my goal.

According to this, the grippers will be sent back to Carl. @David_wigren

hi guys, thank you for inviting me to carry out the monster mash and coc certifications.

however they are not my priority at the moment .

I will perform the gm certification which is identical to the monster mash but with the difference that you can choose the level without having to do all the previous levels, I ordered two levels to do with the block, one at 83.5 and the other at 86.5.

carl's grippers will go back to him we did a gripper swap

same thing with nathan holle.

in addition I'm trying to prepare for the World Cup in Russia 2023.

so with patience you will have other pieces to add to the thousands that already exist,

because just follow me on social media to see my many closures, both gripper and lift certifications in various circuits.

I'm here to share my passion and achievements with you, whether you think good or bad of me💪

merry Christmas to all

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Just saw and read this thread for the first time; it passed me by for some reason.

Initial reaction was skeptical (considering the bodyweight), but was slowly convinced otherwise.

Absolutely incredible strength by Tiziano, with some freak genetics. Interested to see how much further you can go. Would love to see Larry Wheels pay you a visit in Italy, like his meeting and video with Ivan. Assuming everything is 100% legit - which, having absorbed everything from this thread at once, it seems to be - someone who knows Larry should reach out to him. Would be a worthy subject, considering the rarity of such strength to bodyweight ratio.

• Like 3

It is still *almost* impossible to believe, but I am willing to believe that this is a once-in-a-century prodigy of grip -- indeed it would be so awesome for that to be the case -- and I am looking forward to seeing/hearing more.

Note though:  If this is true, it is the most amazing feat I have ever seen, bar none.  A bigger deal than anything any grip guy has ever done.  It is 100 home runs in a MLB season big, just in a sport that isn't as big.  So if real, it really should be attracting the attention and interest of EVERY serious grip athlete.  It's that amazing.

When can we see more?

• Like 4

I don't really understand why we never saw the grippers that Cannon apparently sent, I dunno, I stopped getting worked up over this a long time ago. According to IG it seems like he was dealing with an injury recently but who knows (most posts are not in English), I don't think he goes on here much anymore.

But yeah this whole thing was somewhat inconclusive, all we really saw was an attempt at grippers Carl sent him which weren't fully closed but close (I did not watch the full video), which I don't believe was the "proof" thing that was agreed upon here (like the thing that Cannon had organized that I guess never happened?) I dunno, it's been a couple months, could have already been near the top of mash monster by now if that route had been taken

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

(like the thing that Cannon had organized that I guess never happened?)

Correct, this never happened. We communicated quite a bit over email and ultimately the main thing was the owner of the #4 did not authorize Tiziano access to send it to be rated. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Correct, this never happened. We communicated quite a bit over email and ultimately the main thing was the owner of the #4 did not authorize Tiziano access to send it to be rated. 

thumb_interesting-megan-interesting-meme-drake-josh-canvas-prints-by-49200835.png

• Haha 3

Who knows? I guess we’ll never really know the truth.

• Like 1

Good morning guys, how are you? How are your workouts going, some of you follow them on Instagram

For example Derek I congratulate you on your amazing strength with grippers and Crazy dust challenges.

I apologize to matt cannon But that was the last time we spoke

Having unboxed Karl's grips I understood that it wouldn't make sense to do what we agreed,

If I misunderstood, I apologize

Also I haven't posted anything anymore because after closing the ghp-9 I suffered an injury to my little finger and a wrist fracture that is not serious but which does not allow me to completely close my hand in fact I did some lifts and I'm enjoying doing a bit of Popeye hoping to regain my condition soon, on the grippers mostly because I've dropped a lot in the lifts but I can still manage myself.

So therefore I hope in the short term to be able to post some interesting lifts in the hope of resuming my old level with the grippers

And why not send my coc 4 to matt 😁

I had already ordered two shaft grippers for certifications but alas I'll have to be patient,

I don't always look at this site if someone wants to talk to me or ask me something, contact me privately on Instagram

Tiziano becchio.

Hugs to all.

• Like 2