Reliable Finger Extensor Training?

AdriaanRobert96

So ever since I had my Iron Mind Finger Bands I’ve used them heavily and found them very nice..

With that said they’re not reliable, went trough one pack, the second pack I used 2 red bands on one hand for sets of 10-15.

My question is if any of you legends know a more reliable way of progressing and getting stronger at the finger extensions without stacking 20 bands on or using the IM Bands which snap within a month of heavy use😒

I love em but I need something better, help a brother out😪

Edited by AdriaanRobert96
typo

For dynamics you have rubber bands of various types, and the device called a "climbers curl" which while specifically for wrist extension also works most of the finger extensors except the ones of the thumb. For statoc movements the easiest is to take an old tub of protein powder, or something similarly sized. Use athletic tape around the inside of the top rim and you can then add weight, stick your hand in and lift it by extending your fingers and holding there isometricly then can either do reps or farmers walks. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Climber028 said:

For dynamics you have rubber bands of various types, and the device called a "climbers curl" which while specifically for wrist extension also works most of the finger extensors except the ones of the thumb. For statoc movements the easiest is to take an old tub of protein powder, or something similarly sized. Use athletic tape around the inside of the top rim and you can then add weight, stick your hand in and lift it by extending your fingers and holding there isometricly then can either do reps or farmers walks. 

Will definitely try these, thanks a lot pal😄

Weight plates on fingers, Can slide across carpet or mat. One finger at a time. Can hold in the air as well. If you want you can tie the plates to a rope so it might be easier to hang on fingers.
Besides that there is the "holding egg" push where you just push into the ground or some kind of wall with the nail side of your fingers, fingers bent, using a hand shape that resembles holding an egg (tall or on its side) or like a clawed paw. "Tiger Claw push" might be a good name. Different angle and contact point changes the exercise so maybe a "cardio" approach is good where you go for a set time just repping out variations, maybe go for 2 minute rounds.
Flicking your fingers is not too bad. You can do it with nail striking your arm, air, or sort of 'stuff' [suffocate] the flick by moving the target (arm?) close to it, to add resistance.

Edited by Dylan
clarified stuffing

Check this out: https://www.amazon.com/Core-Prodigy-Talon-Grip-Strengthener/dp/B07K8TBM74

I have them and use them to work the extensors of the fingers and thumb.

The easiest way I’ve always used is …on a wall, or banister on the deck, I simply put my thumbs in my front hips and the fingers against the above places I mentioned,  and move my body weight. I can lean into it and make it as hard as I like or easy. Can’t beat it.

#84 bands... Planks on the finger tips or certain stretches I do, I do on my fingertips.. Don't feel the need to do fingertip pushups but like I said, i'll do planks or certain yoga pose holds on my tips and it seems to hit them.. 

The twist you wrist style wrist roller is pretty good too.