CoC handle spread

EmilBB

I can close my CoC 3 pretty comfortably now, so I thought that I would invest in a 3.5 & 4. I obviously didn't expect to close the 4 but thought I might have a small chance with a deep set on the 3.5. How wrong I was, I couldn't even set it.. My 3 has a spread of 73mm which I thought was pretty wide, considering it's way wider than my 2 & 2.5. However the spread on the 3.5 is 76mm and 80mm on the 4, is this a normal spread?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I can close my CoC 3 pretty comfortably now, so I thought that I would invest in a 3.5 & 4. I obviously didn't expect to close the 4 but thought I might have a small chance with a deep set on the 3.5. How wrong I was, I couldn't even set it.. My 3 has a spread of 73mm which I thought was pretty wide, considering it's way wider than my 2 & 2.5. However the spread on the 3.5 is 76mm and 80mm on the 4, is this a normal spread?

80mm is very wide, 73mm is probably on the narrower side and I think 76mm is in the average range but I am not sure.

You need to get more grippers and you should get them all rated you can't just jump from a no.3 to a no.3.5 or from a 3.5 to a no.4.

Also the spread is just one factor the difficulty of a gripper is not just based on the spread.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

80mm is very wide, 73mm is probably on the narrower side and I think 76mm is in the average range but I am not sure.

You need to get more grippers and you should get them all rated you can't just jump from a no.3 to a no.3.5 or from a 3.5 to a no.4.

It's tough when you're not from the US, I don't know where I can get my grippers rated without paying a lot for it. But even if I could get them rated somewhere, then I would have to be lucky to buy something that would end up being the rating I need to bridge from 3 to 3.5.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

It's tough when you're not from the US, I don't know where I can get my grippers rated without paying a lot for it. But even if I could get them rated somewhere, then I would have to be lucky to buy something that would end up being the rating I need to bridge from 3 to 3.5.

I understand where you are coming from I am not from the US either.

If you can figure out how to set your no. 3.5 you could start doing deep set attempts on the 3.5 and then you could do deep set closes with your no.3 after your attempts on the 3.5.

You could also buy some unrated grippers in the range between the no.3 and the no.3.5 I believe GHP has grippers that can bridge the gap between the no.3 and the 3.5.

The last option would be to use a leg set until you are comfortable setting it with your hands but then you will have to train your "normal" set on off days.

I hope this helps.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Thanks 1

Just training your set on off days might also help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I understand where you are coming from I am not from the US either.

If you can figure out how to set your no. 3.5 you could start doing deep set attempts on the 3.5 and then you could do deep set closes with your no.3 after your attempts on the 3.5.

You could also buy some unrated grippers in the range between the no.3 and the no.3.5 I believe GHP has grippers that can bridge the gap between the no.3 and the 3.5.

The last option would be to use a leg set until you are comfortable setting it with your hands but then you will have to train your "normal" set on off days.

I hope this helps.

GHP 7-8 is basically the same rating as 3-3.5 sadly, however Robert Baraban has a gripper that's average rated 158. I'll probably try to get that one and hope it doesn't end up being above the average. Sure would be nice to be able to buy pre rated grippers here in europe too, buying a lot of grippers hoping to get what you need is just silly.

My set definitely needs some work, I just haven't had problems with setting before but I sure do now.

Anyway I appreciate the help.

6 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

GHP 7-8 is basically the same rating as 3-3.5 sadly, however Robert Baraban has a gripper that's average rated 158. I'll probably try to get that one and hope it doesn't end up being above the average. Sure would be nice to be able to buy pre rated grippers here in europe too, buying a lot of grippers hoping to get what you need is just silly.

My set definitely needs some work, I just haven't had problems with setting before but I sure do now.

Anyway I appreciate the help.

The rating is the same but they are harder to close because they ramp up more towards the end.

Don't get baraban grippers because they have an easier close you will lose strength on the coc grippers.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DevilErik said:

The rating is the same but they are harder to close because they ramp up more towards the end.

Don't get baraban grippers because they don't have an easier close you will lose strength on the coc grippers.

I assume you meant that Baraban grippers have an easier close than CoC?

Where can I buy GHP grippers in europe?

8 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I assume you meant that Baraban grippers have an easier close than CoC?

Where can I buy GHP grippers in europe?

haha yeah I was in the middle of editing my comment I was doing some other things on my pc at the same time hence the mistakes.

I was also trying to say two things at once lol.

You can't get them in europe just go to the official GHP website.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

haha yeah I was in the middle of editing my comment I was doing some other things on my pc at the same time hence the mistakes.

I was also trying to say two things at once lol.

I don't think you can buy them in Europe just buy them from the USA.

Well that's rough, gonna end up being an 80 USD gripper if I buy from GHP themselves. There should be a buy/sell section on this forum for us europeans, would rather buy used than paying 80 USD for one gripper lol.

• Like 1

Just now, EmilBB said:

Well that's rough, gonna end up being an 80 USD gripper if I buy from GHP themselves. There should be a buy/sell section on this forum for us europeans, would rather buy used than paying 80 USD for one gripper lol.

Maybe the Baraban adjustable is an option then I have heard that the close feels similar to CoC I have never touched one though so you will have to ask around for some more info.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DevilErik said:

Maybe the Baraban adjustable is an option then I have heard that the close feels similar to CoC I have never touched one though so you will have to ask around for some more info.

I actually have one but for some reason it irritates my hands more than regular grippers, so I'm only using it for warming up now or recovery.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I actually have one but for some reason it irritates my hands more than regular grippers, so I'm only using it for warming up now or recovery.

Maybe you are doing too much volume or you're not doing enough for your active recovery.

I think it could be a useful tool for you but in the end it is up to you whether or not you choose to utilize it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Maybe you are doing too much volume or you're not doing enough for your active recovery.

I think it could be a useful tool for you but in the end it is up to you whether or not you choose to utilize it.

I only do 8-12 heavy singles every 5 days and I do active recovery on most of my off days. I might just have to go heavy on the Baraban next session and see if it still causes pain. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I only do 8-12 heavy singles every 5 days and I do active recovery on most of my off days. I might just have to go heavy on the Baraban next session and see if it still causes pain. 

Good luck man!

• Thanks 1