Grip Equip

JamesG

depends what your looking for. alot of my stuff is made by me or someone else. Db's and bb's are a good start and easy to make. So is the softball pinch. Good Luck and nice avatar!

A lot of things can be homemade - well I guess anything could be made at home, depends if it's a machinists house or not.. But things like pinch blocks are super easy to make - go to a place that sells steel, and you can buy anything from thin to thick plates cut to size, and rectangular stock in increments from 1" to however big your hand will hold (I have from 1/4" to 4") Drill a hole in the plate stock and put an S hook into it and your loading pin. Drill a hole in the bottom of your tubular steel and put an eye hook into it - then an S hook to your pin and you have any increments you want from very thin to very thick with no welding required. Loading pins are pretty simple but do need some welding but it's still cheaper than buying them. Much more than that and you need advice from someone like a welder or machinist. At some point it's better to buy the real thing but the really simple stuff, I try to do myself so I can save the money to buy the other toys.

Loading pins and bars for Olympic plates are very easy to make using 1 7/8'' OD plumbing pipe. I used a 12'' pipe nipple, a floor flange and an endcap to make a loading pin. All you need to do is drill a hole in the cap for an eyebolt. No welding is needed. Thickbars can be made from the same pipe, using sleeves of thicker pipe for the handle.

I'm going to be contacting a welder pretty soon about some stuff that I want built. I will throw out some suggestions and hope that someone can help me with the stuff that I want to build... one of which is a stand-alone power wrist roller.

I did make a set of some plate-loaded no weld FW bars and they look great - if I can only post the pics now! :(

Snott,

Get hold of Tommy. He made a great wrist roller. I stands by itself.

I really like the pic of the one mounted to the wall in the gallery. :rock

-HH