York Blobs

denver

I have search many online fitness stores for York dumbells and can't find any of the official Yorks for sale. I live in Denver, CO and would appreciate any info on how to aquire a set of these classic pinch blobs.

Also, I was wondering what some of the experienced blobers suggest for what level to start at. On an IM Blockbuster pinch block I can lift 42.5 lbs. left and 47.5 right hand. I can also, just barely, pinch two 35's right hand.

Thanks in advanced,

CC

I don't know about you area. Go the the Faq section.

Which one to start with? Depends if your going for a single deadlift or doing block toss, cleans, etc...

A 50lb and a 70lb would be good. Get a hex dumbell while your searching for York.

-HH

Thanks HAMMERHEAD and OldGuy...exactly the info I was hoping for.

I was thinking of starting around the 70 or a 75 like you said and I really like the blob toss idea.

CC

PDA offers a loadable blob that is hollow and weighs 6 lbs. It is the size of a York 50 lb blob, and can be loaded with leadshot up to as much as 68 lbs.

I just received my PDA Blobette - haven't really got a chance to play with it much. It measures right on, the surface texture is just like a cast York, and I can pick it up, unlike a real York Blob. My plan is to fill it to whatever weight I can do tosses with from hand to hand - then use a strap to add plates for other lifts like rows, deads, etc, maybe some magnets so I can do cleans and presses. It takes a different grip than my hex blocks, and I need to adjust to it some but I think (hope) that training with the specific size and shape of the full Blob will work better than my hexes for eventually lifting a York Blob for real. I'll post my results from time to time.