Deadlift Fans

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I saw those clips. Man what a beast. He would have to be one of the ones they consider a strong bodybuilder. Too bad he will probably be dead in a few years.

Matt,

That really isn't a pleasant thing to say. Yah, it may happen, but stating something like that about someone isn't that respectful.

Harlan, there are a lot of powerlifters who can deadlift that much in their sleep for reps and even without your emphasized "power suit". Suits really do not give the lifter much on the deadlift.

I read somewhere that Chuck was below 10% at one time when he pulled. Oh well.

Mac, well then we better get Louie Simmons over to that gym immediately to verify it. :tongue

I keep getting a password request. Is there a way to get signed up for that site?

It was working for a while now I can't use it either. I guess I was a disrespectful in my coment but the drug use is a little sickening too me.

Now I know Ronnie is juiced up to the gills, But still !!!!!!!!!!!! No Super Suit . IMPRESSIVE, to say the least . :bow

http://www.silovytrojboj.sk/video/dl/Ronni....4reps.mpg.mpeg

As apposed to all the powerlifters ....who aren't juiced to the gills? :laugh:laugh

Very impressive.

Coleman did a full powermeet years ago...when he was much smaller.i believe he got a single at 760#!!!I beleive he did this.No problem.IF he focused for a 1 rep Max?instead of all the reps and hours of training involved in bodybuilding....he's be a 900 plus deadlifter.Quite realistic.

Thanks for the clip.

Harlan, there are a lot of powerlifters who can deadlift that much in their sleep for reps and even without your emphasized "power suit".  Suits really do not give the lifter much on the deadlift.

I don't know if there are a 'lot'of powerlifters that can do this in their sleep? :D

760X4 computes into an 860#Max,according to the Gillinghams MAX calculator.If not an 860?I'd guess this guy good for 825 by the way those reps looked! :ohmy

www.jackalsgym.com/programs/max.html

oh max charts ;p Tom, where do you live? I want to train with you sometime. Ames is right in the middle of this wonderful state. Let me take advantage of it sometime :)

Guest Harlan Jacobs

On the same website 5 1/2 weeks out from the Olympia, he does 800 for a double. And no Landon , he is not a world class powerlifter. But many of them wish( even in the dreams) that they could do 800 for a double. Let alone be in that kind of shape. Andy Bolton pulled 933 at the Arnold. So I don't think Ronnie's 825 or so, is to bad . Being that his main concern is being in shape, not power.

I've seen video of him doubling 800 with some room to spare. 860 is very realistic for him. Matt's drug comment wasn't mean either, it is too bad that he'll probably be dead in a couple years. And Harlan's suit comment was appropriate. It is more impressive without the super suit. It's hard to take lifts that are done in suits seriously because you don't know how much the lifter can actually do.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

We all know how widespread drug use is in bodybuilding as well as powerlifting. This clip just got my atention for the fact it is rare when you see someone with the build that Ronnie has have that kind power. Even with all the good drugs , he has to be really strick on the diet at that close to a show.

Ronnie's forehead is stamped with genetics. He's got HUGE muscle size and massive strength to back it up.

He was a freak and squatting mid-7's and deadlifting around that (with suit, etc.) before he got into serious drug usage.

I agree with wanna. I also hated the equipment as much as the next guy but again the deadlift is the one lift where equipment doesnt play a huge role. Ive heard of guys getting 50 pounds max out of a suit in the dl. and the average is about 20. Compared to the squat and bench where some guys are getting close to 200 pounds these days, Ill take it. awesome lift regardless of the circumstances. I would also say that a 800x2 is probably world class. . .

Austin S. :rock

Ronnie lifted in an IFSA power meet here in north Texas about 2 years ago. He squatted I think in the high 7's, benched in the low to mid 5's, and I know he pulled in the low 8's (I'm almost certain it was 815). Lifting in the 242 pound class, as he did, would cerainly qualify him as world class, and then some. I've never even seen a steroid, but if one chooses to use and compete with other users as apparently does Ronnie, I personally don't have a problem with it. Here's what chaps my hide: being "beaten" by a juicer in what is supposed to be a drug free meet, as has happened to me on occasion.

Edited by EricMilfeld