Idea: SCRAP-PILE

Dylan

Squeeze them till they  br/ /eak

There should be a hall of fame, The Scrap-pile for every gripper broken through sheer mileage done by hand.

A different Forum badge and a Profile pin of some sort for each kind of gripper hand-to-gripper slaughtered, a spreadsheet for every person and gripper they've broken, and a pinned thread listing those that have run down any gripper #1 level or heavier and a link to the spreadsheet for every person/ gripper.

After seeing "Cannon" 's idea to get 1 million reps on a #3, assisted; and after reading Kashtan 's input on breaking a Tetting Advanced after 30k - 100k reps, it's clear to me this idea fills a gap and is cool.

Images of the scrap could be compiled in a dropbox or some other cloud storage with a local backup, with the following in the title: person (or username) first, date broken second, and gripper third.

o k

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It would be a very empty spreadsheet. I've done a lot of reps with grippers. I think the most I've used one gripper for (only counting quality grippers) is probably around 5000-10000 reps. I've done RRBT like 1.5 times. You end up not using the same gripper always because you want to adjust the resistance when you need to.

Kashtan is a #4 closer and a grip monster. Nothing normal about him at all when it comes to grip strength.

I think 99% of people training grip will never get close to the amount of reps it takes to break a good quality gripper. Unless you train chest crushes, then it will be more likely.

Still think it will be a very white looking spreadsheet though.

I've read this forum for 8 years now and I've only seen high quality grippers been broken three times (including Cannon's test). Four times if I include Kashtan's story.

@Fist of Fury Breaking a bunch of cheap grippers sounds fun. Breaking cheap finger extensor bands, used as intended, would be neat too. Get to see a gallery of broken alibaba/ amazon pieces. A bit of verification like 100 reps 7 days in a row (most people can record a minute and a half on their phone) would be fine, sets a minimum threshold of effort to it.
Depends on whether people will do 200 - 2000 reps by hand, daily. If it takes 120, 000 reps to break a good low tension gripper then that's about 100 days. If someone gets the ball rolling it would probably get a few more entries within the next 12 months.

You can see a few broken ABS plastic grippers in the second image of this amazon gripper link: https://a.co/d/iTvMTnU

Edited by Dylan
added link to broken grippers in ad

I've broken two of those cheap plastic adjustable grippers (not the same kind that you linked to). I don't remember how many reps I did but it was a lot of reps. When I first started training grippers I used to do sets of 150 reps with them, quite often.

• Like 2

Its a cool idea, grippers just don't break too often. If I ever break one, i'll gladly share photos of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Graveyard of broken grippers

• Like 1