The Workout that got me to close CoC #3 in 1 month

AdriaanRobert96

So as the title states, this is the workout that got me to close the Captain of Crush 3 within a month..

Hopefully you find it interesting, try it out and let me know how it goes for you.

Oh yeah, be a legend and drop a like will ya?❤️

• Like 8

5 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

So as the title states, this is the workout that got me to close the Captain of Crush 3 within a month..

What do you recommend if you cannot no-set the #3 for the 2nd warm-up? 😜 Just kidding, no answer needed. 

I am curious though, obviously the main thing that helped you is starting with an insanely high level of grip strength. Where do you suspect you got that?

Manual labor, natural talent, powerlifting, electrician, etc..?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cannon said:

What do you recommend if you cannot no-set the #3 for the 2nd warm-up? 😜 Just kidding, no answer needed. 

I am curious though, obviously the main thing that helped you is starting with an insanely high level of grip strength. Where do you suspect you got that?

electrician? My lunch bag weighs more than their heaviest tool....  To any electricians out there I'm only kidding..... well sorta😝

Nice video!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

electrician? My lunch bag weighs more than their heaviest tool.... 

Mostly I was just throwing stuff out there because clearly OP didn’t obtain his grip strength from that workout. Maybe the workout put gains into overdrive, but a bulk of already athletic/strong guys cannot pick up a #2 and no-set it for warm-up reps. That had to come from somewhere else. Otherwise I was just recalling that Dave Morton was an electrician and they do use a gripper motion to snip a lot of wire.  😅

• Like 1

Just now, Cannon said:

Mostly I was just throwing stuff out there because clearly OP didn’t obtain his grip strength from that workout. Maybe the workout put gains into overdrive, but a bulk of already athletic/strong guys cannot pick up a #2 and no-set it for warm-up reps. That had to come from somewhere else. Otherwise I was just recalling that Dave Morton was an electrician and they do use a gripper motion to snip a lot of wire.  😅

LOL... They do, same with HVAC guys, and pulling service cables through a house can be very tough.  We all make fun of each other on the job site. I'm sure that helps with grippers...

For me, doing a little masonry and carpentry plus general laboring, I've found my wrist strength was stronger than average, and when I first got a COCS i could close a 1 if properly set... I'd love to see what an untrained full time concrete mason could do in the grip world.

Sorry, not trying to derail OPS post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is nothing wrong with hard work. And hard physical work translates into hand strength

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Haha, yeah well that’s a good question tbh!

I’ve always been pretty obsessed with getting big and strong forearms, but until this point I’ve only been training armwrestling specific movements to add forearm mass.

Moves like, Multi Spinner wrist curls, Plate Curls, and some variations of heavy hammer curls or raising with a belt and added weights to it :D

With all this said, not sure if that adds grip strength per se.

Altho my father could’ve given me some decent grip strength genes, but I am not sure.. he never made it back with that milk🥺😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

electrician? My lunch bag weighs more than their heaviest tool....  To any electricians out there I'm only kidding..... well sorta😝

Nice video!

Haha😂 Had a good laugh at this for sure!

55 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

LOL... They do, same with HVAC guys, and pulling service cables through a house can be very tough.  We all make fun of each other on the job site. I'm sure that helps with grippers...

For me, doing a little masonry and carpentry plus general laboring, I've found my wrist strength was stronger than average, and when I first got a COCS i could close a 1 if properly set... I'd love to see what an untrained full time concrete mason could do in the grip world.

Sorry, not trying to derail OPS post.

No worries, interesting conversation topic for sure😄

26 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

but until this point I’ve only been training armwrestling specific movements to add forearm mass.

This was probably influential! Tell us more about how long you've been arm wrestling and what these workouts looked like. 💪  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cannon said:

This was probably influential! Tell us more about how long you've been arm wrestling and what these workouts looked like. 💪  

Glad you found this interesting, well . . . 

It pretty much started 2 years ago where I got very interested in armwrestling after seeing Devon Larrat and some other beast like Denis Cyplenkov on Youtube.

Hence me being obsessed with “Godly” hand strength, whatever that means😂..

and of course wanting swole forearms that got me deciding that I’ll pursue armwrestling.

Not for the sake of armwrestling, even tho I got some mad strength during these 2 years.

My best belt raise was around 55kg, nothing otherwordly but pretty decent in the armwrestling community I guess.

Bicep Curl got up to 90kg and a 5x5 with 75kg, I know .. who does 5x5 on bicep curls😂

I also managed a 48kg dumbbell raise aswell.

Got my forearms up to 40cm, decent and all but I of course noticed that grip strength didn’t really get better.

Slowly YT started recommending  similar content to what I watched and all of a sudden I knew about Captains of Crush Grippers..

Bought: #1, #2, #2.5 and #3.

Murdered the #1 out the package, didn’t close the #2, and of course neither the #2.5 and #3..

Started out doing some high rep closes with the #1, typically between 10-12 which got me absolutely nowhere but hurt within a month.

Dropped the grippers for atleast 6 months and got discouraged because of a finger injury so I kept doing my regular armwrestling stuff.

After about 6 months stalled on armwrestling stuff so I took time off and started with grippers again, by that point my finger was well and I managed to close the #2.

Trained again, made the same mistake like a moron and built myself up to doing 5 sets of 12 reps with the #2.

Got hurt again!

After this injury my motivation got fell into a decline and I stopped training them again.

So basically about 1-2 months ago I got into grippers again and decided that I will close the #4 and I will work not only hard but a bit smarter this time.

I set up a workout plan with said sets and reps and my grip just blew up in a month.

and .. now we’re here, and while I know saying closing the #4 is a big statement I’ve always enjoyed pursuing the more seemingly “impossible” feats..

During my 26 years, I’ve always been very obsessive about what I try to achieve and I have always found a way to be successful..

I just think it’s a matter of working SMART, working HARD but I’d also say the mindset plays a role.

Difference between people that go through with things no matter what and people that give up is that the strong will and mindset of never giving up.

Giving up was never an option for me, my obsession might hurt me, like my injuries and such.. but I know I’ll always come back and complete my task✊🏼😮💨

A lot’s been said, hopefully it doesn’t bore ya’ll out🥺

• Like 3

right on. keep moving forward  

• Like 1

Very Interesting approach. This is the opposite of cadence based training on grippers. The repeated failed attempts would be very taxing on the hand for sure. I'm not sure I have enough in the tank to do 6 failed attempts at a harder gripper and then 6 attempts at a gripper I could close for #1 rep. That's pretty intense!

As an IT guy I'm just glad you didn't tell these guys your a watchmaker 🤣 We would all be tearing up our SEIKO'S trying to get grip strength like yours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, eman said:

Very Interesting approach. This is the opposite of cadence based training on grippers. The repeated failed attempts would be very taxing on the hand for sure. I'm not sure I have enough in the tank to do 6 failed attempts at a harder gripper and then 6 attempts at a gripper I could close for #1 rep. That's pretty intense!

As an IT guy I'm just glad you didn't tell these guys your a watchmaker 🤣 We would all be tearing up our SEIKO'S trying to get grip strength like yours.

Yeah, and don't say you are an appellate lawyer, or we'd be destroying our keyboards trying to type our way into grip history ...

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, eman said:

I’ve truly learned over the years with training in general that the same path might not work the same for multiple individuals, with that said..

I’ve been an IT guy myself and now work as an administrator (kind of a premium janitor) and I do love my job😂

It’s like some people say Fat Bar or Fat Gripz improves their crushing grip, I’d say it totally weakens mine🥲

Edited by AdriaanRobert96
typo
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah, and don't say you are an appellate lawyer, or we'd be destroying our keyboards trying to type our way into grip history ...

I guess I am pretty young, maybe that’s why it works for now.. going up in age might change things..

I hope not for Gods sake😂, and if so I’d better have closed the #4 atleast once by then🥺

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Hopefully you find it interesting, try it out and let me know how it goes for you.

Oh yeah, be a legend and drop a like will ya?❤️

I might have missed this somewhere, but how many times a week did you do this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dean_redzic said:

I might have missed this somewhere, but how many times a week did you do this?

Hi Dean, no you did not . . I just didn’t mention it, but I do this workout everywhere from a obvious minimum of once per week to 3 times altho the third time is mostly CCS workout.

I will post that workout aswell, maybe even today if you are interested :D

• Like 1

Here’s what day 2 of my weekly gripper training looks like, in case you wanna close any gripper.. but hey, what do I know😉