Certified With A 220 Bend!

EricMilfeld

Surprisingly the 220 went down easier and faster than the 205 did last week. And I swore I wouldn't bend for another week, because of the soreness in my arms and forearms. :laugh Thanks Weldon for all the support and motivation, and thanks to the Gripboard and all of the great guys and gals that make it what it is. And of course thank you Lord Jesus for blessing me with newfound strength and a bunch of great friends here on the board!

It was pretty amazing to see how fast that 220 went guys. He shot it down alot faster, not a little, but a lot faster than the 205.

Great job Eric. You cannot come back to my house for at least a couple of weeks now. You can only come when you are ready to set PR's lol. 2 in 2 trips, not a bad average! I'm joking of course but if you get me used to you bending whatever you try, I will not accept failure! lol.

Well done Eric. Do you have anything harder left to try?

Thanks a bunch guys! Again I just want to reiterate what a true blessing this board and all of its supportive, knowledgeable, and friendly members are to me, and I'm sure to everyone else who cares to log on. #1 for grip strength- The Gripboard! :rock:bow

Jim, that's the heaviest challenge bar I own, so now I'll be ordering some more, as well as some reds. But I do have some 60 D's, grade 5's, and the impossible Big Daddy timber ties sent to me by Porkbone to keep me busy.

Congratulations Eric! :D

How does the grade 5 bolt compare to the 205k and 220k challenge bar?

It's been a while since I've had a go with my grade 5, so next workout I'll make that my first order of business and let you know. The grade 5, I suspect, is somewhere there in the neighborhood.

Thanks again ya'll.

Now let's get some more names on the list guys! :rock

Surprisingly the 220 went down easier and faster than the 205 did last week.

Actually not a surprise too me after I looked at your result picture of your 205kg bend just now. That bend looks to be way off center, maybe even as much as an 1" hanging off of the longer end. That explains how you could handle the shorter bar just as easy or easier.

See the picture: http://www.cyberpump.com/gripboard/index.php?showtopic=5986

How does the grade 5 bolt compare to the 205k and 220k challenge bar?

Well, despite the fact that both the grade 5 and the 220 kilo bar require the same amount of weight to bend, the bolt feels much harder. Try as I did, I failed to fully bend the "JH" brand grade 5 last night, nearly passing out during the attempt. I hit the notorious 20 to 30% sticking point. Coincidentally, Gazza and David Horne were chattin with me about this very subject earlier the same day. They were explaining to me that because the bolt is thinner than the challenge bars, and is capped with a hex head, it is a tougher bend. So there you have it, chances are you can bend the 220 if you've mastered the grade 5. Staying positive, I've noticed failure to be often times a better motivator than success, so you can bet I'm hungry to kill that bolt now. It's my new short term goal. A good stepping stone on the path to the 240 challenge bar. As a side not, I have a bag of 60 D's as difficult as the grade 5! I salute all of you grade 5 and 8 benders! :rock