Snowman Bavarian Deadlift Question?

Tom of Iowa2

Probably not straps...gotta ask though....but sometimes strongman has straps on deads...sometimes not?

Also What grip event in the Snowman grip contest?

My suggestion is use that 12 pound shot put 'do hickey'.... :cool

I think John said there would be a few events and the shot thing would be one of them.

Thats a good point.I'm sure one of the events will allow straps...if it isn't the 750#farmers walk device it is probbly going to be the Bavarian Deadlift?

Wish i could go watch that contest.I really like his events this year.

I hope Tony takes me with him. Will Josh be there again?

I hope Tony takes me with him. Will Josh be there again?

I think Josh's training partner Jay Yacko is doing the contest.He's not expecting to do much...just wants to get his feet wet and give ONE strongman contest a shot....then train for another year before he does another.josh may be there?(not sure)but isn't going to do anything.IF he goes it will be to watch the show and support his training partner.Jay has some potenital.Big dude.Only liftin for about two years now.Cement contactor who does most of the labor himself so works 12 to 15 hours a day and is used to handling a wheel barrow :D .Big hand.big bones.Big legs.Did 520 for 5 then Hit a 570 rock bottom squat,no belt,no wraps for 2 reps the other night.....which is pretty good for someone only liftin'two years....but he's not a freak ;)

hey too bad they aren't doing the 18 inch deadlift?!THAT even is a great one for Tony.Those bavarian deads are tough on the 'larger'lifters.Hard for them to get so low???I wish big tony well...he should be able to take that 750# farmers 'do-dad'for a walk though??! :laugh:laugh