New Captain Of Crush Book

austinslater

I got my the new captain of crush book and I think its pretty good and would recomend it. the section with kinney is worth the price alone. Pretty inovative guy and some pretty cool pics. Laaater-Austin :rock

Its not great but there is a ton of stuff that kinney supposedly wrote and its pretty cool to here it from him. Alot of kta type stuff that kinney was doing way back when. the other part of the book is a history lesson about the coc grippers which was cool to me since my knowledge is limited about this. It is pretty biased and takes some hits at people trying to make a similar product but that is to be expected and maybe understood to some degree. Again the kinny training section I thought was cool. the holle training section wasnt all that good, and now seeing how they set grippers Im guessing nathans 4 close was set real far but who knows. Its a an interesting read nonetheless. Later-Austin

Even though my book was not suppossed to ship until 12-5 , I recieved it yesterday!(not complaining , just surprised) I agree with Austin , very good read so far(not done yet , but getting there!). It is a little biased , but as Austin said that should be expected. I think since we belong to this site we can see through some of this though and still learn (be entertained) by some things. When I finish it I will try to give a more detailed review. Mike

I think the book is worth having just for the Kinney section. His "Handle"

device for doing negatives with the grippers is unique and simple to make.

This handle takes all the fight out of getting a heavy gripper to a productive

position, but once the gripper is there the fight returns :)

Ok guys I finished the book. I must say that if nothing else it is worth having for the Kinney section, which is quite a few pages, probably about 25% of the book. The section on Nathan does not really have anything different as far as how he trained, but there is a good set of 6 pictures showing how to set grippers (#4 for him). Also a few tips on cocking the wrist, chalking , the thumb pad ect. I will say it wont change the way I am training now, but it really is a must have book for guys like us ( sorry, and ladies!). Mike

Too bad, its a good book. Especially if you want to hear more from Joe Kinney. The chapter with him is worth the price alone, believe me. The stuff about Nathan Holle is not so good, because you knew pretty much all of the things he talked about already. The history part is good information also, and like someone said, it is biased, ofc, what do you expect? RS tells the story from his point of view.

If anything it's a good referance book to add to the other grip books i have(the Brookfeild books)but i think they should of had more training ideas from some of the captians of crush winners and less of the gripper history although it was an intresting read.

• 3 weeks later...

i can say the same like Patrik_B :

A very good chapter with Joe Kinney! (it´s right, this chapter is worth the price alone)

a short chapter (only 3 sides) from Nathan Holle without really new information about him