Can Any One Think Of The Name Of This Thing?

Guest BlakeW5

Guest BlakeW5

I don't have a pic, but it's a ball you hold in you hand with another ball inside it. The ball the the inside is threaded with a cord, then the cord is pulled to create force which works the forearms and grip. I think it's dyna something? Anyway, has anyone used this or know how well it works?

It was called the "Dyna Bee" and someone is still making a knocoff version, but I forget who. I think I saw it in Brookstone, or the Sharper Image. I had one WAY back in the late 70's, and had the biggest forearms in my neighborhood(I was only about 12 or 13 years old) because I was the only one who could start it up, as it did not have a cord.

I got one and I guesss I'm not coordinated because I couldn't get the damn thing to keep spinning, then to top it all off it broke. AAAARRRGGGGGHHHH! :angry:

-HH

A mate of mine has one of those, with the funniest instructions ever printed. They're translated from Chinese or something, and it says "when whirring sound hearing, bon has been achieve". Nothing quite as satisfying as achieving "bon". Funny or not, it's still bloody tough on the forearms.

A friend of mine had one, got frustreated with it, and was going to trash it but thought of me. I played with it for awhile. Got frusterated with it. Threw it in the trash. Not a very good training tool. I guess it would be the equivilant of using a 10 lb gripper for 1,000 reps. What's the point? You can just open and close your hand forcefully (as per John Brookfield) and get better results. Is it for entertainment? We didn't find it very entertaining at all.