Curse You Eric Milfeld

dubthewonderscot

Eric you rat, you've hooked me on this insane bending craze. I went by Home Depot the other day and got about 2 dozen bolts like the one you gave me to work on. Bent about 3 on the same day and then my hands felt like they were falling apart. The next day my wrist were killing me but I could not resist the bar. I was like a bug to a blue light, it was just sooo pretty! ZAAAPPP! I think I have skipped one day of bending since last tuesday and my hands have been paying the price. But at least the bleading has stopped (ok, thats a joke) but seriously my hands are getting better. But even though it hurts I just keep bending. I can't seem to stop.

How much is too much? How often can you bend? How many bends can you make in one day? I assume it is all dependent upon the level of bars you are bending and the ease with which you can do it.

Is their a fear of developing arthritis in the left thumb being the fulcrum of so much force? Just curious as I'm newly addicted to this. THANKS ERIC! lol.

I wake up to this: a post of insults. I gave you a full and fair warning of the potential danger of serious addiction. I assume no responsibility. Seek treatment immediately. By the way, when can we bend again?

Okay, keep in mind Weldon that I too am a newbie to the wonderful world of bending. And I definitely overtrained and sometimes still do, I think... The thing is, the whole time I thought I was surely killing myself, I was getting stronger. I'd see a partially bent nail mocking me from the shelf, and I would inevitably take the bait. But seriously, do listen to your body. I think you have enough experience to differentiate between that dull, sore, post workout pain, and that altogether different type of pain that says: "Do something strenuous today Weldon, and I'll make your life a living hell!" For the beginner, I strongly recemmend checking out Bender's sight. See one of his posts in the FAQ forum. There's a link in his signature you'll see at the bottom of his posts. I'd give you this link now, but with my less than capable computer skills, you may end up at Debra's House of Delights. :laugh Anyways, currently I'm bending every third day, performing about five max or near max bends. Sometimes I will switch it up a bit, and do a lot of lighter bends with minimal rest. This is always a nice break, and does seem to promote strength s well. And like I recently explained to Austin, I was surprised to discover that a workout consisting solely of several failed attempts with, but real gut busting appempts, that may only produce a slight kink, apparently can provide a worthy workout, via that isometric thing. I often came back on the following workout to destroy that nail that only three days prior had stopped me dead in my tracks! Of course, again I'm new, so keep in mind that once I gain more experience, I'll need to be more precise in my routines. I hope this helped some.

Edited by EricMilfeld

Is their a fear of developing arthritis in the left thumb being the fulcrum of so much force? Just curious as I'm newly addicted to this. THANKS ERIC! lol.

I'm not a real doctor, I only play one on TV, but I was under the impression that exercise tended to ward off the onset of arthritis. It does hurt your thumb, but I doubt it would lead to arthritis. And your bones, tendons, ligaments, and flesh will all toughen up. Isn't arthritis assoiated more with repetitive movements and genetics, as well as other factors? I know others on the board could give you a much better answer than mine.

If for some reason you check the forum before you read your email. Call me. I'd be up for some grippin tonight if you want to make it down.

You still have both work and cell numbers right?

If for some reason you check the forum before you read your email. Call me. I'd be up for some grippin tonight if you want to make it down.

These forums are not personal message systems. Please use the PM function or email for personal messages such as this. Thanks.

These forums are not personal message systems. Please use the PM function or email for personal messages such as this. Thanks.

Sorry Wanna. I should have warned Weldon about the strict, yet fair, standards here on the Gripboard.

Somebody needs to start wearing mittens to bed...