Bfgs 2

Rick Walker

I am in the process of preparing entry forms for BFGS 2. 2004's contest will be held in October-so all interested parties have a LONG time to train and I expect everyone to come in 100% and ready to set prs! :mosher

BFGS 2 will again be held at my house. All of the competitors seemed to like the area and it gives it a more personal feel. We will again have the night before "meat" and greet for all interested parties. This will give everyone a chance to see the contest implements and feel them. In the event of foul weather, I will have an alternate venue-aka my garage! Some of the BFGS 1 guys liked the feel of being in the garage anyway-closer and more in your face I guess.

I have already been soliciting sponsors for 2004. Of course, I will again ask the GripBoard members to throw $10 towards the contest. Many members donated $50 last year with John and Kim Wood sending me $200 :bow:bow:mosher . Again, the monies raised via door prize tickets and shirt sales will come here to benefit this great board!

2004's contest will hopefully see cash going to the top 3 places as well as some mega prizes.

All of the BFGS 1 contestants have automatic invites (yes-you DO still have to fill out the entry form!) so the remaining spots will be up for grabs. Also-there will be 11 spots for females up for grabs as well!

Remember-this is a 2-day event. 3 disciplines a day.

EVERYONE IS ALLOWED TO CAMP OUT HERE AGAIN! This time, I will give you the hotel in town which is a litle cleaner for those of you worried about the bugs. :whistel

Hope to see everyone here!

Rick Walker :rock

Rick,

I'll send you a check for donation toward next years BFGS II contest..

Just a note to all competitors, if you want to do well at the contest...DO NOT SHAKE DAVE MORTON'S HAND the night before at the meat-n-greet!!! :D I made the mistake and am still rehabbing.

I'd like to make a suggestion, everyone bring some of their unique grip tools with them, so after the contest in the garage -we can try everything out. Dave's DB's resurfaced Rick's concrete garage floor - I'll tell you that.

Also, bring some nails with you to distribute. Some people have a hard time finding pole barn, 60's, grade 2-5 bolts in their area. This way, everyone can trade some stuff...

I have this dream about being able to make the trip to the Keystone this year. Hopefully all the spots aren't taken before I can commit.

And great suggestions Smitty!

I will have a microphone and hopefully an electronic scoreboard.

Also-there will be longer rest periods in between each event to allow for warmup etc. 30+ minutes since there are 3 events a day.

Also-contestants will be lifitng accoring to what weight they are using-going from lightest to heaviest. This means having opening attemps as well as reporting your next attempt to the score table will be very important. To make life easier-I will be using a computer instead of paper and pencil.

I myself wont be competing. It was hard to try and run BFGS and compete at the same time so I will just be running it. I owe it to everyone to have a top notch, problem free contest.

Grippers used will be Beef Builders-no other grippers. Of course, you are free to bring your own to warm-up. The highest Beef Builder will be the Pro.

Hopefully, if $$ allows, the steel used for bending will be David Horne's Calibrated Challenge Bars. This is going to be tough-but if I get an idea of where everyone is at, then I will know how many to order. No Challenge bars will be used to warm up-there will be steel provided to warm up on.

PDA's Thunderball will the rolling handle used. This thing is a BEAST and much harder than the RT. Be ready for it! It is 2.5 inches in diameter.

I will say this. If the guys that showed up last year show up with twice the strength in 2004-it is going to be REALLY tough to beat them!

Rick-Ive got a thunderball coming. without saying weights how much less are you on the Tb then on the rolling thunder handle? Austin

30 or more pounds at least. Maybe more.

Rick-Thanks, man thats a ton. Should be fun to train on. Ive also got to get a shot. is it simialr in size to a softball? Nice work with the contest should be even better then last year which I thought was impossible! I shot you a pm :rock:rock Austin Slater

Rick,

It's great that your going to get an electronic scoreboard and mike that was my only minor complaint from BFGS I -it was hard to know what people were attempting if you were out of earshot.

I posted it before the memory wipe but seeing as how you are not competing I hope you will have some exhibition lifts!! :rock

Great idea Smitty -stock swappin!!!

Jon@han