Current Overall North American Grip Rankings – Updated September 5 2022

Eric Roussin

Updated post Armlifting World Super Series.

My list of the current overall Top 10 North American active grip sport/armlifting athletes:

1 - Carl Myerscough (CA)
2 - Tanner Merkle (TX) 
3 - David Labbe (VA)
4 - Jason Dingey (OH)
5 - Jedd Johnson (PA)
6 - Adam Glass (TX)
7 - Odd Haugen (CA)
8 - Eric Dawson (MA)
9 - James Jeffers (SK)
10 - Eric Roussin (ON)

To be considered for this list, a competitor must have competed at least once in the past 12 months.

• Like 11

Nice list.

I was a little surprised by the inclusion of Odd’s name on the list.

i think he deserves it, but because he has a few “gaps” in areas strongly supported by many on this forum (grippers for one), I admire your fairness to include him on The List. 

Very strong list. Steve Millard really could/should be on that list again.  Stellar one has placed in the top 10 for North America gripsters in every Kong contest since 2017. He holds annual grip contests where his numbers are world record worthy every time! He is one of the all-time greats. Few as special as Steve all-around grip in contests.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Very strong list. Steve Millard really could/should be on that list again.  Stellar one has placed in the top 10 for North America gripsters in every Kong contest since 2017. He holds annual grip contests where his numbers are world record worthy every time! He is one of the all-time greats. Few as special as Steve all-around grip in contests.

You gotta be close to top 10 yourself.

3 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Nice list.

I was a little surprised by the inclusion of Odd’s name on the list.

i think he deserves it, but because he has a few “gaps” in areas strongly supported by many on this forum (grippers for one), I admire your fairness to include him on The List. 

I didn’t have him on previous lists because of this reason. But based on his results from the Armlifting World Super Series, which did include lifts like the Hub and the Hilt, I felt justified in including him now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Steve is awesome. There are a number of guys who float around the number 10 spot. I may eventually try to develop a top 20 list for fun. It just requires a bit more effort.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You gotta be close to top 10 yourself.

TBH, I was never close to being top 10 even in my “prime years “2019-21”. Currently, Iam just fortunate to be alive and gripping somewhat. However, I Thank You Brother for kind thought!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

Steve is awesome. There are a number of guys who float around the number 10 spot. I may eventually try to develop a top 20 list for fun. It just requires a bit more effort.

Eric, It is cool that you do these lists and everybody appreciates the time and effort you put forth. I like the top 10 only but you are absolutely correct about being tough to crack the list! Maybe do others receiving votes after the top 10. Still wish you would rank yourself higher on the list. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

TBH, I was never close to being top 10 even in my “prime years “2019-21”. Currently, Iam just fortunate to be alive and gripping somewhat. However, I Thank You Brother for kind thought!

I’m not just saying that either. That stuff you’ve done with kettlebells is pretty incredible. But I guess  that falls more under wrist strength.

• Like 2