New Wrist Roller

Steve B.

Anyone try or have the new yoyo style wrist roller?

Just got one and it's like trying to open a jar kind of movement.Feels pretty good.

Only thing i don't like is it's plastic and some times slips when rolling it up.Metal would have been better.

Steve B.

on the subject of wrist rollers the yo-yo kind i made my own out of metal washers it is heavy and durable the supplies cost me roughly $20 but i like it and it will handle all the weight i want to put on it :rock:cool

on the subject of wrist rollers the yo-yo kind i made my own out of metal washers it is heavy and durable the supplies cost me roughly $20 but i like it and it will handle all the weight i want to put on it :rock:cool

How did you make it? I'd be interested. I'd prefer metal material vs. plastic.

I bought the TYW too, its a funny piece of equipment. I used 15 kgs first time today a couple of times and it felt good. I think it is good for recovery and muscle balance since it kinda hits the extensors.

But you must tape it otherwise it will be too slippery. The cord could be a bit longer too, its not enough if you stand on top of a bench.

on the subject of wrist rollers the yo-yo kind i made my own out of metal washers it is heavy and durable the supplies cost me roughly $20 but i like it and it will handle all the weight i want to put on it  :rock  :cool

How did you make it? I'd be interested. I'd prefer metal material vs. plastic.

I used a 1/2 all-thread and some washers (whatever size fits your hand comfortably) and some half inch nuts with half-x-fender washers. Leave a space in the middle so that you can pinch the rope in the middle and have room to roll it. then you can use as much rope as you need or aircraft cable if you like.

I attached a caribiner on the end of the rope so that i can hook it around any size weight. good luck and i do have pictures of it if someone would like to tell me how to post them on here.