Last Night's Bending!

David Horne

Although not up to the standards of a few of the guys here, last night I did my best bending ever. I fully bent the 240k bar. I was very pleased with this but wanted some more workload so went to work on a 200k bar. After 30 mins I tore it in half. Boy are my hands chewed up!! I did all the bends unbraced, but had to straighten it out over my thigh.

David

Congratulations David!

I see a red in the near future for you!

That breaking is great workout but the digging in your hands opening it stinks. David, the RED is fearing you BUD! You will be breaking that one day I bet. ;)

Thanks guys. I have no fear of the red now. I have one sitting here from Pat, and I'm ready for it. But I'd like to seriously worry it on my first attempt, so I'll hold off a little while till I'm ready.

The breaking training was very good for me, specially considering it's my crush that seems a bit of a problem right now, so there was plenty of 'crush' work. I seem to be able to put the initial bends on tougher bars, but can't get the crush going till I've bent it a lot further than what Pat does. So I need to work on this.

The skin is not too damaged, just one blister about half an inch big.

Thanks again,

David

I seem to be able to put the initial bends on tougher bars, but can't get the crush going till I've bent it a lot further than what Pat does. So I need to work on this.

I am the exact opposite...

The crushing part is the easy bit... It's getting the initial bend that is hard for me.

Good luck with the red, I am sure you will destroy it ! :mosher

Yes, back and forth till it snaps. This bar took a lot of hard work before it snapped, but it was perfect for me because of this workload. This will be an integral part of tuesday's session after a big bend, and the rest of my grip work.

David