Got Crush After Bend?

EricMilfeld

Bballdad seems to have the same trouble I experience with bending. It's killing our gripper ability. I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing anything similar.

See what Big Steve M. has to say, his crush is coming up while training bending, he might have some ideas that would help those training both. Austin Slater

I know Big Steve's secret.

Its no secret at all.

Its crazy high, balls to the wall, volume and intensity.

Nothing more, nothing less. :bow

Rick Walker :rock

I do not know how it happens. How I can close a #3 gripper 10 times after bending 3 grade 8 bolts in a row underhanded and a 5 grade cut to 5 9/16. I know I prayed hard and ask God to bless me and that I would have a PR day. I don't know how but it is fact that He does. I know I am blessed, very blessed and I give God all the glory and honor.

Prayer and balls to the wall intensity. What a combination! You guys are great! Maybe I need to just suck it up a bit.

I think that the likes of Big Steve,Rick,Pat etc have built up a strong base 1st with the grippers,so that when they started bending there base gripper strength was already high and is easier to maintain.

Rick has often said that he has built his crush with kta and even weeks after no gripper work has still been at the previous level.

I think its easier to build the crush and maintain it while doing other things,but is harder the other way round.

Of coiarse you will always get freaks like big Steve who will make progress regardless of what they do :bow Perhaps he is blessed by a higher power after all :rock

Ive been thinking about this and I wonder if maybe different styles would affect crush more then others. Im guessing Steves underhand style might be a better alternative if trying to improve cruch also. Pats style might hit the crush harder but what do I know, Its later and the brain is asleep, curious though what others think about this. Austin

I think you may be on to something Austin. Perhaps some of the guys who have trained with both styles can confirm this.