Certs on grippers for men - where do they start?

Alex K

On 7/31/2022 at 8:09 AM, Cannon said:

CPW is almost done with a list we are pretty excited about. I think we’re going to call it Cannon PowerList. There will be special custom grippers rated from 50 to 220 lbs, every 10 pounds. You can get on the list for as many levels as you like, or just one. There won’t be a sign-up, per se, but rather a product like the Pre-rated section that lists all the grippers. If the one you want is in stock, that means you can request it. It will come with everything you need to attempt and also return packaging and label. It will start as domestic only to work the kinks out and we would hope to open it up International. Coming soon! (Hopefully 😅

On 7/31/2022 at 10:10 AM, Cannon said:

I actually kind of like 30 mm. I think we will have a custom block machined that comes along in the package. Or maybe a block that you get to keep. I’m not sure yet. I really want to keep the cost of this as low as possible. 

Part of me wants to do no block so it’s just about the gripper and nothing else. Like, did you close it or not? Of course those are slightly harder to judge. But this list will not be super strict. If you have noticed I’ve been careful to call it a list and not a certification. We are all just trying to have fun 😊 There will be rules of course but I don’t wanna get too wrapped up in red tape. 

On 8/11/2022 at 8:01 PM, Cannon said:

We are having custom grippers made. Handles will basically be Standard handles though. 

On 3/8/2023 at 4:14 PM, Cannon said:

Also posted in Derek's log: Tom was ALLLMOST done with these grippers when he passed :cry I have all the parts and I'm trying to figure out how to finish them. They still need some engraving for example. I really want to get this cert out there. I think any kind of set will be allowed with the minimum being visually parallel like the Mash Monster Cert. But if you want to do 20mm, 30mm, 1.5", credit card, no set, anything... go for it. Then on the list for anyone who closed a certain level, it will have their name and set used like Matt Cannon (parallel set). And also you will be able to link to the video so you can just see what they did.  

Just curious, @Cannon, any updates on the future of a CPW List/Cert now that new grippers are being made? Thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 10:09 AM, Cannon said:

CPW is almost done with a list we are pretty excited about. I think we’re going to call it Cannon PowerList. There will be special custom grippers rated from 50 to 220 lbs, every 10 pounds. You can get on the list for as many levels as you like, or just one. There won’t be a sign-up, per se, but rather a product like the Pre-rated section that lists all the grippers. If the one you want is in stock, that means you can request it. It will come with everything you need to attempt and also return packaging and label. It will start as domestic only to work the kinks out and we would hope to open it up International. Coming soon! (Hopefully 😅

Did you ever do this?

• Like 1

I haven't tried it but I've seen there is a gods of grip cert list if you want to pay overseas shipping for what i believe are just 50 lb grippers with thick handles 

It looks like the level 6 is 158 rgc and level 7 is 175 rgc and uses a 30 mm block, with gigantic handles 

Edited by C8Myotome
  • Like 1

If you're still looking for easier certs for your friend then you should check out griffkraft's cert, it's a TNS cert with narrow RB grippers (55-60mm spread). I did the 4 easiest which are 93RGC, next is 121RGC, then 123RGC and 143RGC. They go further as well, I believe the next is like 160RGC and the last is 180-190RGC or something.

The grippers need to be returned after the cert, so it's probably more for europeans as they're located in germany. To get more info or to start the cert, contact "german.grip" on instagram.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jared P said:

Just curious, @Cannon, any updates on the future of a CPW List/Cert now that new grippers are being made? Thanks!

16 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Did you ever do this?

Still in the works. It will happen. 

CPW has been lucky to be inexplicably busy this year. Like 140% of any other great year. 

But when it comes to projects like this, unfortunately CPW has been inexplicably busy. :upsidedwn

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cannon said:

Still in the works. It will happen. 

CPW has been lucky to be inexplicably busy this year. Like 140% of any other great year. 

But when it comes to projects like this, unfortunately CPW has been inexplicably busy. :upsidedwn

CPW is such a staple of real gripsters that if you are busy, it almost surely correlates with the sport growing.  Awesome!  Both those things are good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Having a certification list will likely drive even more business your way.

I think it's safe to say the sport is growing, just like grip in general, and like the largest example - armwrestling. Devon Larratt's subscribers on YouTube have almost doubled in the past year, compared with a previous decade of slow and gradual growth.

• Like 2