Bending impact on grip work

dean_redzic

24 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

It's a very common assumtion people (who don't know much about DO bending) make that it's not as taxing on the hands (grip/wrists).

I have never said that. 

24 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

When in fact it's the hardest form of un braced bending. You're bending bars that are much harder than other styles and it takes a huge toll on your hands, fingers, wrists, biceps, elbows, triceps, shoulders, chest, back etc. 

Sure, but you're bending in a different position so it doesn't automatically mean it will hurt gripper progress more. 

13 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Also the second point is not really correct either.

I think most people train grippers with both hands. 

Anyways, enough about styles. I think based on everyone's answer, @dean_redzic can decide what to do. Wish you success with the rolling handle and gripper training, and if you try it I hope you'll like bending!

Edited by matek
  • Like 1

@dean_redzic

Since the rolling handle is your main goal... Stick to that twice a week  Honestly, i'd stick to the rolling handle and bending for awhile.. Let your hands and whole body get stronger... 

Then go for the grippers.  Some day i'll close a #3 but right now i'm after the inch.  A lot of work goes into closing big grippers and a lot of work goes into the inch.. The difference is your whole body will be stronger when you lift big numbers on the rolling handle/inch... And thats not a knock to grippers, that takes a lot of strength too..

But we all gave different goals.  Find out whats important to you and get it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

I think you are mistaken here, nobody was arguing, only offering suggestions. Just seems like you have some sort of complex to me.

No I'm not mistaken, you are mistaken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matek said:

I have never said that. 

Sure, but you're bending in a different position so it doesn't automatically mean it will hurt gripper progress more. 

I think most people train grippers with both hands. 

Yes you have. You ranked DO bending as less taxing than reverse and DU. 

Yes most people train grippers both hands. So what? Doesn't change anything.

18 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes you have. You ranked DO bending as less taxing than reverse and DU. 

No, I did not. Quoting: " In my opinion, as a beginner bender, reverse could impact your gripper progress the most, then double underhand, and the "safest" in this aspect is probably double overhand. " I was talking about gripper progress, not how the styles compare to each other regarding overall difficulty/overall impact on the body. And again, this is just my opinion and I was talking about beginner benders. 

25 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes most people train grippers both hands. So what? 

What I meant is reverse will affect your gripper progress at least with one of your hands. 

• Like 1