Who's Competing In G G Bash Iv?

EricMilfeld

Please let us know of your serious intent to compete in the next Gripboard Grip Bash in early February, no later than 2359 Wednesday, the 19th. Jedd Johnson will be purchasing steel to be used by all the competitors, and will base his purchase amount on your response. So, by putting your name in you are giving your word of faith to purchase the stock and compete. By the way, the other two events will probably be a one hand deadlift with your basic olympic bar, and a pinch event using a coin with a hole drilled through it, which will accept a key ring for loading weight. Nothing complicated.

I'm a shoe in for these contests!

Great idea about the coin lift Eric it makes cents ;)

Jon@han

It's a great event for penny pinchers!

By the way, the deadline for making your intent to compete known is Wednesday the 19th of THIS month (only 3 days).

Edited by EricMilfeld

Same Here!

actually i wont

I'm in! This is my 1st comp, I'm very excited. I just emailed Jedd w/ my home address, I like OldGuys suggestion about PayPal if possible, it's a free service and very easy to use. Now it's time to use the search to figure out what kind of practice stock to buy since I have never tried bending :unsure

Pexter, It's an on-line contest. Eric will post the rules and you will have a fixed amount of time to do your best on each event, then mail them in for scoring.

Pexter,

If you want in, send me your address via PM or napalmjedd@37.com

Put Grip Bash Bending Rods in the title.

--Jedd--

Here's who's lifting, unless someone else posts in the next 45 minutes or so:

Jedd Johnson

Oldguy

Eric Milfeld

Jonathan McMillan

2strong

pexter

Strong Man

gripmaster316

Z-man

Not a bad little list. We'll probably want to wait until Jedd informs us whether we have one or two stocks of steel from which to choose, as well as the strength of the stuff, before we place our orders. When I know how many stocks will be available I'll post the rules concerning the performance or the one hand deadlift, coin pinch, and bending. By the way you Canadian guys, do the three of you have access to U.S. quarters? If not, what is the diameter of a Canadian quarter?

Eric,

The Canadian quarter is so similar in shape and size to the american one that the difference would be negligable for the contest. I was hoping you would use a quarter as they are so similar -whereas our dollar coins are much different.

I'll be drilling on my days off now that I know the coin to use!!!

Jon@han

Great! Smitty is competing as well as the mighty Dave Morton, one of only three men to ever officially close the #4!!!

Stefan Straub has opted to not compete, by the way.

Here's the corrected list:

Dave Morton

gripmaster316

smitty

Oldguy

Jedd Johnson

Eric Milfeld

Pexter

Jonathan McMillan

2strong

Z-man

I wonder who will win the gripper event ;)

I can assure you the only reason it won't be Dave is the fact that we're not contesting grippers this go around.

Guest gripmaster316

Oh please don't Eric, I don't care if Dave is in it, I like the gripper event. And I am sure other people do as well. Maybe you should do a pole. Instead of just blowing it off.

Edited by gripmaster316

There's more to grip than grippers. I say keep grippers out of this one.

-Jedd-

• 2 months later...

A lot of people still haven't sent me their addresses. I have sent them PM's. I could not get yours to work, OldGuy. It says your account is full, so please check into that.

The PayPal thing is not working, so I will have you send the money to my girlfriend's account.

Get me those addresses guys and the nails should be out in the mail tomorrow.

-Jedd-

Hey, I've got tons of nails. I don't mind. It doesn't look like Gripmaster or OldGuy are going to get in this after all anyways.

PM Eric Milfeld. He is the Man In Charge.

-Jedd-

Anyone interested in competing is welcome to do so. Just check with Jedd on the nail availability, and give him your mailing address.

As soon as the nails are mailed out I'll post the official rules.

Couple of questions

1) What is the cost for the bars?

2) Is the one hand deadlift done in front of the body or straddling the bar?