Grip Bash Iv Bending Rods

Jedd Johnson

Alright, so it's on then guys. I will be purchasing the CRS bars for the next Grip Bash contest and then sending them to the competitors for the competition.

Two things:

1. Everybody who wants bars, send me your addresses to my email: napalmjedd@37.com

2. Do we need to set a deadline for ordering the bars? What I want to be able to do is go to the store and buy these bars all at once and send them out on some Saturday morning. I want to be able to buy them all at the same time in hopes of getting the same quality stock for consistent competition. Plus, I do not want some toolbox to email me three days into the contest to overnight him stock or something along those lines. That would be a pain in my ass. I hate when there is a pain in my ass.

Please, make sure the subject heading in the email includes something to do with the Grip Bash Bending Rods or the email will get deleted. I get about 50 emails a day to my ridiculous commercial email address and they get deleted right away if I am not sure who the person is. Some of you do not use your real names on the forum, or I do not know what they are yet, so I would not know it was you if the real name was there instead of the gripboard handle.

Now, I may be able to find boxes at work for shipping the bars, but I am not sure. If anybody knows where I can get thin long boxes for free to put CRS stock into, let me know.

What other issues might we need to address for this matter?

-Napalm Jedd-

Jedd, let us know when you've purchased the stock, and then we'll post a deadline of about two weeks from that date for ordering. You'll also want to let us know how the strength of the stock compares to IM yellow/ blue stock. Ideally I would want about four feet of the stuff with which to guage my ability and compete, so buy plenty, and I'll reimburse you for any leftovers you wish to part with. How much is plenty? Well, I guess I'll start a post asking for competitors to voice their earnest intent to participate.

It'll be easier for Jedd if he knows what width, and type of steel he needs to buy.

It's also best to go to a company who can supply you with long lengths (like 6 metre lengths), and lots from the same stock, rather than a DIY shop which will have short (1 metre) lengths which could be from different stocks.

If all the competitors tell him the yardage they want, this will make it easier for him.

Hope it goes well,

David

David,

Thanks for the tips, my man.

-Jedd-

David mentions buying stock in 6 meter lengths as apposed to 1 meter lengths. Anybody know where to get these long lengths in the states? In PA or NY, maybe?

Thanks,

-Jedd-

It's Wednesday, and I only know of six people who are going to compete and that includes the Diesel Crew. Surely there must be more on this board who would like to compete. It is fun and you have nearly a week to do all the events whenever your hands feel fresh.

New emembers, do not miss your opportunity.

I believe today was the decided last day to sign up, so please PM me, or email me at napalmjedd@37.com

Thanks,

Jedd

I want in!!

I can get CRS cut at any length.I have a METALSUPERMARKETS store around the corner.I wouldn't suggest 6 meter lengths.At this length it would bend too easy being moved around.Maybe 10ft lengths.

Dude,

Where have you been, buddy? I'm getting the stuff, don't you worry about it, bro. Send me a PM or email with your address. napalmjedd@37.com

-Jedd-

You buy the 6 metre lengths (so there all the same stock), and get them cut down there. If not use your bolt cutters and take them down to managable 1 metre lengths.

David

Ten - four, big daddy. The bars will be on their way to my house, soon.

-Napalm-

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

How short should I cut the bars down? Are you all going to be happy with 1-foot lengths? It's easy to cut them down from there. Really all I need to do is cut them up, so give me some input here.

Thanks,

-Napalm Jedd-

Sure,cut 'em any length you want.I have a pair of bolt cutters.

What dia. sizes are you sending out?

I don't have any idea how you planned to send them but the Post Office will give you all the Priority Boxes you want for nothing if you send them Priority mail.

Sure,cut 'em any length you want.I have a pair of bolt cutters.

What dia. sizes are you sending out?

This gives me no help. Perhaps I was not clear enough.

I would like to hear people's opinions as to the appropriate length to cut. For instance, most nails are going to be 6 inches or shorter. Some, might need a 7 incher to start with. I guess my idea would be to cut them up in 12 inch lengths. This yields two 6 inchers, or a 7 and a 5 or a 6.5 and 5.5, etcetera. If I cut them to a foot in length, they will also be easier to ship.

So I guess I need to know if you all think a foot of steel would be too short? Thanks,

-Napalm jedd-

Jedd, if you could give us an idea of how strong the stock is relative to something with which we're familiar (maybe a yellow or blue nail), it might simplify things. In this case we could order lengths to fit our personal needs with minimum waste. But if you prefer to ship only one length of bar, then a one foot bar would be fine. The main thing is to make this easy on you, and of course assure that the bar sent is not too short for any of the competitors to bend. It's all coming together! Thanks for your hard work Jedd.

Like I said:Jedd it doesn't matter to me what size you send.I can cut them to the length that I need myself.

Jedd, if you could give us an idea of how strong the stock is relative to something with which we're familiar (maybe a yellow or blue nail), it might simplify things. In this case we could order lengths to fit our personal needs with minimum waste. But if you prefer to ship only one length of bar, then a one foot bar would be fine. The main thing is to make this easy on you, and of course assure that the bar sent is not too short for any of the competitors to bend. It's all coming together! Thanks for your hard work Jedd

Actually, my plan is to get a set price per bar cut, then people order how many bars they want. Like maybe I could cut them all to 6 inches. Then people order four bars. That's 4 bars times $.XX per bar + shipping = $Y dollars total.

However, I want to make an effort to send out contest bars from the same full-length bar to try to keep the consistency the same.

Or we could go about it another way, and have it be a random selection and the luck of the draw wins. This would probably a lot easier and I doubt it would result in that much difference.

A question to all the people in the contest - Is a six inch 1/4 inch diameter CRS bar too short for you to successfully bend?

Also, do you all have a hacksaw or bolt cutters to cut the lengths down?

Thanks,

-Jedd-

A question to all the people in the contest - Is a six inch 1/4 inch diameter CRS bar too short for you to successfully bend?
I don't know ? ( my best bend is a 13,5 cm cut down blue ). :unsure

Also, do you all have a hacksaw or bolt cutters to cut the lengths down?

Yes. :)

1/4" CRS strength can vary considerably. Can you give us a ballpark estimate of its strength relative to something else. Or maybe put the stock to the Tom Black test. How much weight is required to bend it 1/4"?

Yes, I have bolt cutters.

Little early to tell right now, Eric. The bars are still at work uncut. Must do that tomorrow. I'll let you know.

-Napalm Jedd-

• 1 month later...

Guys,

I need everybody to send me the number of bars they want this week. Only a couple people have done that.

Send me a PM or email at napalmjedd@37.com.

I have to go to the post office with the exact weight of each package. Combined with the address.

Thanks guys.

By the way. I'd say this is some pretty tough 1/4 inch CRS.

-Jedd-