Control the CoC #3

AdriaanRobert96

Hey there good people, so I’ve decided to finally ask the ”big dogs” of Gripboard about the infamous CoC #3

In short: I’ve been squeezing the Captains of Crush for over 2 years now more like ON & OFF and I’ve been able to close CoC #3 about 3 times with a no set..

The issue is that I’d like to control it better, which means closing it like I close the 2 and 2.5 on pretty much any day.

I’ve looked back to what I did back when I closed it and it looked like this:

Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday

CoC #1: 2 Warmup sets of atleast 20 reps.

CoC #2: 2 set for 10 reps

CoC #2.5: 2 sets of 1-3 reps

then drop back to CoC #2: and do 10 - 12 reps x 3 - 5 sets

So I might just have answered my own question here but I’d love any advice you guys could share and while I understand that there isn’t a substitute for hard work there is working “smart” aswell :D

Thank you in advance!

For some reason me and grippers are like oil and water... We just dont mix. But the only thing I can think is, if you haven't all ready. Learn different sets and get strong at all of them. 

Maybe buy an adjustable gripper to fill the gaps. The Vulcan V2 is great and I started making better progress when I bought one. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Hey there good people, so I’ve decided to finally ask the ”big dogs” of Gripboard about the infamous CoC #3

In short: I’ve been squeezing the Captains of Crush for over 2 years now more like ON & OFF and I’ve been able to close CoC #3 about 3 times with a no set..

The issue is that I’d like to control it better, which means closing it like I close the 2 and 2.5 on pretty much any day.

I’ve looked back to what I did back when I closed it and it looked like this:

Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday

CoC #1: 2 Warmup sets of atleast 20 reps.

CoC #2: 2 set for 10 reps

CoC #2.5: 2 sets of 1-3 reps

then drop back to CoC #2: and do 10 - 12 reps x 3 - 5 sets

So I might just have answered my own question here but I’d love any advice you guys could share and while I understand that there isn’t a substitute for hard work there is working “smart” aswell :D

Thank you in advance!

Welcome fellow Swede! If your no-setting #3 you are very strong, stronger then most active people here.

If you prefer no-setting grippers then go back to what worked for you and be consistent about it and you will continue the progression to close it on any given day. But I would recommend that you start setting grippers and chase higher rated grippers like GHP8 in the 165 range, Coc3.5s in the 170 range etc. Then when you got stronger, you can then again go back to no-setting grippers for the skill but with a higher strengthcap. Thats what I did for the coc#3 cert (but with a ccs not a no-set)

Goodluck!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

For some reason me and grippers are like oil and water... We just dont mix. But the only thing I can think is, if you haven't all ready. Learn different sets and get strong at all of them. 

Maybe buy an adjustable gripper to fill the gaps. The Vulcan V2 is great and I started making better progress when I bought one. 

Thanks a lot for the advice, I will definitely start using the Vulcan, it makes sense to fill the gaps as you stated.

I feel like the jump from CoC #2.5 to CoC #3 is fairly steep.

They should have a CoC #2.75 😂

12 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Welcome fellow Swede! If your no-setting #3 you are very strong, stronger then most active people here.

If you prefer no-setting grippers then go back to what worked for you and be consistent about it and you will continue the progression to close it on any given day. But I would recommend that you start setting grippers and chase higher rated grippers like GHP8 in the 165 range, Coc3.5s in the 170 range etc. Then when you got stronger, you can then again go back to no-setting grippers for the skill but with a higher strengthcap. Thats what I did for the coc#3 cert (but with a ccs not a no-set)

Goodluck!

Very appreciative for the in-depth advice pal, and thanks ☺️ I will have to look into GHP grippers from now on then.

I always say this, the #2.5 - #3 is pretty crazy tbh..

Once again, thank you very much for the advice.. I am grateful for anything💪🏽

10 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Volume, keep training and increase the volume on your workouts.

Thank you lad!

I guess it goes to say that what I was doing so far just has to be kept up✊🏼

I’ll make sure to log this and see what happens after a while :)

• Like 2

The gap from the #2.5 to the #3 is very steep, I'd definitely recommend a bridge gripper or 2 like the GHP 6 and 7

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

The gap from the #2.5 to the #3 is very steep, I'd definitely recommend a bridge gripper or 2 like the GHP 6 and 7

Will have to look into that it seems like, thanks for the advice pal👌🏼

I really need to handle the CoC #3, it’s a huge milestone for me.

I closed it on about 3 occasions but I wasn’t satisfied with that..

I want to be able to close it on most days, not just say I did it😅

I love everything armwrestling/ grip so the work won’t be a problem😏

On 6/22/2022 at 10:06 AM, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Will have to look into that it seems like, thanks for the advice pal👌🏼

I really need to handle the CoC #3, it’s a huge milestone for me.

I closed it on about 3 occasions but I wasn’t satisfied with that..

I want to be able to close it on most days, not just say I did it😅

I love everything armwrestling/ grip so the work won’t be a problem😏

If you want to be able to close a 3 whenever then you need to be closing harder grippers! I’m good to close my 3’s pretty much whenever but I’m around 170 rated for a max under great conditions, not all the time that’s for sure. But being that it’s a good 20lbs over an avg 3, it gives me plenty of cushion. 

so just work on harder grippers. Also hitting reps on the 3 will help with singles whenever you want. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:02 AM, king crusher said:

If you want to be able to close a 3 whenever then you need to be closing harder grippers! I’m good to close my 3’s pretty much whenever but I’m around 170 rated for a max under great conditions, not all the time that’s for sure. But being that it’s a good 20lbs over an avg 3, it gives me plenty of cushion. 

so just work on harder grippers. Also hitting reps on the 3 will help with singles whenever you want. 

I guess it makes sense to be fair, volume work as you said and harder grippers.. I’ll make sure to implement this advice.

Especially harder grippers, I got the advice to get rated grippers to stay above the or below what I am trying to achieve.

I’ll keep ya’ll updated😎

Thank you very much!