Secret Weapon Vs. Hardy Handshake

zstan3

I wanted some input from people that have used both Iron Minds Hardy Handshake and Joe Kinney's Secret Weapon. I wanted to know which machine is the better one. Which one will most help me move from one gripper to another. Which one most simulates the angle of a gripper. Thanks

What are your goals? I'm assuming you want to close the #2, SM, #3, E, etc..?

If this is the case here's the best advice I can give. Buy all the grippers. ALL. Tetting, Ironmind, PDA, RBC's around the level your trying to achieve. Then buy KTA. KTA will teach you how to effectivly use you grippers and grow in strength.

If you have to get a machine. Get the Gripinator from PDA. It is the most versitile, and the most specific machine you can get.

-HH

The secrete weapon is a more effective machine by far or at least thats how I feel about it.

John,

How do you rate the G-Rex 621?

----------------------------------

"Live long, stay strong" - C.F.B.

The G-Rex 621 is a good machine. There are a lot of different exercises which you can do on it. The footpad for negatives is an interesting concept, its a good way to train the tendons and ligaments. I like the pinch part of it as theres nothing else on the market which you can do this movement on.

Although the Hardy Handshake is designed biomechanically incorrect theres a lot of other exercises that you can do with it other than its intended function. So its not as bad as it may seem.

(Landon, do a search for secret weapon, and theres a picture of one in the gallery) I like the secret weapon for the fact that it goes beyond the range, simulates the gripper angles better than anything else and it is effeciently designed leverage- wise so that you dont need a lot of weight to get a lot of resistance. Theres nothing better for doing negatives with. I have been making a lot of gains with this machine lately. Joe Kinney should be given more recognition for coming up with this outstandng machine.

You can make progress with all these machines but keep in mind that each one brings something different to the table.

John,

Thanks for the reply. One other guestion if I might ask, what grip feat are working on right now, and what are all your future goals?

--------------------------------

"Live long, stay strong" - Charles F. Biron

Could someone direct me to a picture of the secret weapon - I tried search but no luck. Thanks

The SW is a good machine simple in use and make. But in my opinion, the

Gripanator is the top of the line.

In comparison of doing 100lb. negatives on the Gripanator to 100lb.

negatives on the SW, the Gripanator (to me) is far more intense in this

particular movement. Also, using the Beyond the Range handle on the "G"

is brutal

From the gallery - here's the Secret Weapon

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album02/aat

From the PDA Website - her's the Gripanator

http://www.fractionalplates.com/cgibin/eda...l&catalogno=9.1

And the G=Rex

http://www.sorinex.com/pics.asp?x=grexgripper.jpg

IronMind's Go Really

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/

Hardy Handhake

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/

Any one know of others - let's add them all into one post

Thanks for the reply. One other guestion if I might ask, what grip feat are working on right now, and what are all your future goals?
I've got some interesting things cookin', heh heh , things never before seen...

time will reveal all secrets.

Anyone know where you can buy this unit ?

Joe Kinney used to have these for sale. His contact infomation is in the FAQ section. Write him a letter and see if he'll build you one.

Joe Kinney should be given more recognition for coming up with this outstandng machine.

I thought he patented it. ;)

I didn't find it in my recent patent search for grip machines and exercise apparatus.........?

It is not patented, and not patentable, as with just about any grip machine.

If someone claims that thay have a pateted grip machine, especially without providing patent numbers or trademark registration numbers, he is perpetuating fraud...sorry to say. You'd be surprised at what you won't find registered at the patent office.

If someone claims that thay have a pateted grip machine, especially without providing patent numbers or trademark registration numbers, he is perpetuating fraud...sorry to say. You'd be surprised at what you won't find registered at the patent office.

Yes i know.i was just goofing.

But I really have done some extensive patent searches for yucks and giggles.

I'm not an attorney...... but I slept at a motel 6 last night.Or was that a Holiday Inn :laugh Actually i woke up with a cold.... I must have slept to close to a crack.

But I really have done some extensive patent searches

Yeah, I have too.. but mine were of more of a serious nature. I know exactly what is out there...and who owns what.

I'm certainly not an 'academician' ;) or an expert- but I came to the same conclusion.

Jones has patents on ALL his HAMMER STRENGTH equipment except for ONE piece(the gripper)....I searched all his patents AND the gym has 18 or 19 pieces of HAMMER STRENGTH.Each individual piece of HAMMER STRENGTH in the gym has a very official metalic plaque on it listing the federally registered patent number(s) for the machine itself and several other patent numbers(approx 18 seperate and official numbers on each machine) and each plaque plaque concludes with "and with other patents pending".

There is NOT(apparently) a patent for the HAMMER STRENGTH gripper(that I could find)I would guess?? because hundreds of(thousands of)gyms- world wide- have at least some HAMMER STRENGTH equipment that 'their'gripper( probably) has been produced in greater numbers than any other grip machine?Yet IT is NOT patented.

Interesting that we came to similar conclusion.

Again-not an expert...just a trivia buff.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Regardless of patents, people have tried to copy Hammer Strength machines, but guess what? They still can't, since they do not have access to the specific bending machinery, the 3D cad cam design and the inability to duplicate the specific angles with the jigs. Someone could probably try to build their own Hammer Gripper, but the angles, and therefore the strength curves and therefore the effectiveness of this machine would all be compromised and lead to a very poor substitute.

i guess my point was i agree that gripper machines probably can't be patented.

I used HAMMER STRENGTH as an example because they HAVE patented everything they make....except the HAMMER gripper.Every piece of HAMMER I looked up at the Federal patent site and every piece of HAMMER that I have ever examined in person all have the plaques- except the gripper.

I guess what I'm saying if HAMMER STRENGTH didn't bother to patent THEIR gripper??It probably CAN"T be patented.