Bbgm Vs. #3

CMunger

I may have closed my BBGM today. If not, I was DARN close. I was losing it by the time I turned it to look. It was a pleasant surprise for me. I tried to replicate it, but couldn't keep the set from slipping after that, and I had no chalk. Still have no chalk. Need to get chalk. Anyhow, my #3 is significantly harder than the BBGM. It feels more like the BBE I picked up. I'm hoping to get my hands on some different #3's to see if mine is exceptionally hard, or if my BBGM is exceptionally easy. When I first got them, I think I called the BBGM a 2.7-2.8, cuz that's what it felt like in comparison to my #3. But reading some of what others have said and looking at the wire size, I'm questioning that. Any opinions?

I have 2 grandmasters and I had one made easier then a 3 and one that is way harder then a 3. It depends where the spring sits, if it looks like it is in close to the handles then it should be harder. Since mine fall on both sides I assume that a non-modified GM should be real close to a 3. Good Luck-Austin Slater

Ok, it does appear that my #3 sits a tad tighter in the handle to spring dept. THe spread on the two are nearly identical. It's kind of amazing that that small of a difference in handle to spring can make as much difference as it does.

Well cool, I'm cautiously encouraged.

I can say mine are pretty even (to each other). I think I have said this before but my BBGM seems much smoother until the last 1/4 inch than my #3, which seems much harder all the way through. I have closed my BBGM several times now , and I AM STILL less than 1/8 of an inch on my stupid ,d**n, #3! :angry: I will get it even if it KILLS me! :rock Mike