I start my routine intended for wrist and hand size increase in a few days

skeleton

I am atempting to increase my hand and wrist size by 2 means. i will increase muscles aswell but my routine is intended to help with non muscle gains that are typically seen as unchangeable 

a) bonesmashing(hitting the radius and ulna to increase the bones in my wrist) + k2 + d3 + protein + calcium

b) grip training + mk677(to cause hand growth in length and thickness)

my before 

Before statistics:
19.3 ISH cm hand circumfrence
15-15.2 cm wrist circumfrence
17.4 cm hand length

image.png.f47844c2bef5bcb18a7002f9d552fc63.pngimage.png.e245a067a02a76bac40647a68ac8edc7.png

15 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Tell me more about the bonemashing. I have not heard of that. 

so thats what kids are calling it these days...

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

so thats what kids are calling it these days...

so you know of it under a diffrent name? looks-sphere/incel-sphere places call it bonesmashing

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Tell me more about the bonemashing. I have not heard of that. 

hitting a bone in a routine with lets say a hammer with adequarte nutrition hoping for the bone to grow stronger and bigger 

Eating good foods rich in protein and calcium is a good idea. The benefits of taking vitamin d is also clear and well-documented. Training your grip is obviously a good idea also. Regarding the other two:

1. Even if I think about it really open-minded, smashing your own bones just to maybe gain a few millimeters is crazy. If you do martial arts and it "just happens" it's ok, but actually grabbing a hammer and hitting your wrist? Also, if you do this, forget about grip training

2. I looked up mk677, and it's a (still investigational btw) growth hormone secretagogue. Looks like it might increase your bone density if you have low bone density due to osteoporosis, but in your case it will just probably make you very lethargic and hungry all the time. And it will not make your bones longer. It will be still a "why not" at this point, but dude, it's not approved for human consumption!

I'm probably wasting my time, but please, don't torture yourself (literally) and take an experimental drug just because social media or some site made you think that you're not good enough because your wrist or hand is not of a certain size. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, matek said:

Eating good foods rich in protein and calcium is a good idea. The benefits of taking vitamin d is also clear and well-documented. Training your grip is obviously a good idea also. Regarding the other two:

1. Even if I think about it really open-minded, smashing your own bones just to maybe gain a few millimeters is crazy. If you do martial arts and it "just happens" it's ok, but actually grabbing a hammer and hitting your wrist? Also, if you do this, forget about grip training

2. I looked up mk677, and it's a (still investigational btw) growth hormone secretagogue. Looks like it might increase your bone density if you have low bone density due to osteoporosis, but in your case it will just probably make you very lethargic and hungry all the time. And it will not make your bones longer. It will be still a "why not" at this point, but dude, it's not approved for human consumption!

I'm probably wasting my time, but please, don't torture yourself (literally) and take an experimental drug just because social media or some site made you think that you're not good enough because your wrist or hand is not of a certain size. 

yeah what he said^.. If anything maybe take a couple swings at your head to knock some sense in you.

• Like 4

On the bone smashing thing, I get where the idea comes from, but hitting yourself with a hammer is not advisable. I am laughing as I write this because it's so absurd.

Maybe get a punch bag (wear wraps and gloves) and use that, which is going to be safer, and still provide stimulus.

Forget bones, think about the tendon deterioration or nerve damage you may suffer if clouting yourself with a hammer. Not to mention how weird it'd look (and that's coming from someone who thinks ripping decks of cards in half is completely normal).

That said, I'm all for experimentation and updates on this hand size stuff, because how the body adapts is a fascinating topic. But please do it a gentler and more sensible way. I seriously think you'd see more of a result from a simple, regular programme of hammer curls, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls and plate pinching.

Edited by Gripperer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Gripperer said:

So it's been a month, how's the training? 

170811-indian-boy-hands-01.jpg?quality=7

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I honestly don't think anything besides wrist/grip work is necessary for the most part. It's theorized that consistent training over long periods of time could and will increase bone density and thickness. Tendons will grow in size much faster though, that's for sure. I've been training with grippers only for about 1.5 years now, and am noticing changes in both wrist and hand thickness, here are some comparison pics (first one is an old video from when I was just getting started):

IMG_8700.thumb.jpg.0f02a301cf391117dc840d155903ba65.jpgIMG_8695.thumb.jpg.3b73d3583bc2b673ad2a652991c44ce9.jpg

Wrist measurement has grown about 0.5-0.7cm (from 18.0cm to 18.5-18.7cm), which isn't crazy much but still quite noticeable (I also got a bit leaner during this time period, which would typically decrease both wrist and hand size slightly). Hand has also morphed more into a paw. 

I imagine that doing wrist training like bending and stuff Armwrestlers do could help grow the tendons (or maybe bones over very long periods of time) even more quickly, all I did were grippers and even that does some pretty nice things to your hands and forearms! Best of luck on your journey to massive hands and wrists :)

• Like 2

Quick feedback, actually measured my wrist for once and the growth has now been over 1cm with just gripper training! Might’ve even measured a little tightly here… 

780DAF78-E171-46EF-AB67-E472B02EF37C.thumb.jpeg.665c4cd997f43f981cfc638b15b41646.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Now that this post has gotten a few likes from @Harrison I realised that it's been over a year and a vibe check is urgently necessary. Going to post updates here soon.

As info of the past year: I have been actively training grippers with just one single but rather large break from around December to May-June, and now am back and stronger than before. Interesting, if anything about my hand has changed here :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Alex K said:

Now that this post has gotten a few likes from @Harrison I realised that it's been over a year and a vibe check is urgently necessary. Going to post updates here soon.

As info of the past year: I have been actively training grippers with just one single but rather large break from around December to May-June, and now am back and stronger than before. Interesting, if anything about my hand has changed here :D

Danke!! hahahaha What can I say, I'm stuck at the nurses' station during graveyard shift. So, I've been come a "like" whore. But yes, please provide an update. 

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Danke!! hahahaha What can I say, I'm stuck at the nurses' station during graveyard shift. So, I've been come a "like" whore. But yes, please provide an update. 

Maybe you’ll see this dude in the ER

• Haha 4

Small but fun update - although this is not my hand growth journey post here I’ll intrude a bit :D 

09088630-2D11-471C-B607-9DCB9B2D3441.thumb.jpeg.d49785d10277e027bf3290d4f861408a.jpeg

Hand is looking way more meaty now

BC762020-8F7F-4ABA-A1FF-D023BAAFAF08.thumb.jpeg.e1b2e5adb47882c5a5931d35111488cd.jpeg

Wrist circumference is now at roughly 19.5cm which really surprised me

As for hand length, it’s quite odd to measure, but I always land somewhere around 19.5cm

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alex K said:

Small but fun update - although this is not my hand growth journey post here I’ll intrude a bit :D 

09088630-2D11-471C-B607-9DCB9B2D3441.thumb.jpeg.d49785d10277e027bf3290d4f861408a.jpeg

BC762020-8F7F-4ABA-A1FF-D023BAAFAF08.thumb.jpeg.e1b2e5adb47882c5a5931d35111488cd.jpeg

As for hand length, it’s quite odd to measure, but I always land somewhere around 19.5cm

Crazy gains you've had, that hand is looking thiccc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Alex K said:

So basically you have added a whole inch in wrist size since you started. Mostly from grippers alone, your tendons must have really thickened.

This is Fascinating stuff, thanks for Sharing Alex. It gives me hope for us Card carrying members of the Tiny wrist crew.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

So basically you have added a whole inch in wrist size since you started. Mostly from grippers alone, your tendons must have really thickened.

This is Fascinating stuff, thanks for Sharing Alex. It gives me hope for us Card carrying members of the Tiny wrist crew.

I would say that it’s mainly tendon growth, can’t tell about if bones actually change from that at all. I am glad the journey is interesting! :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Alex K said:

I would say that it’s mainly tendon growth, can’t tell about if bones actually change from that at all. I am glad the journey is interesting! :)

I can imagine your wrist tendons must be much thicker now. 

How much have your forearms grown in the same timeframe? 

My forearms have actually grown by slightly over 2 inches when measured correctly with the arm extended (from ~30cm in 2021 to 36cm now) :) 

When flexed against the biceps, it would be way larger of course, but it‘s a less unreliable measurement in my opinion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Alex K said:

My forearms have actually grown by slightly over 2 inches when measured correctly with the arm extended (from ~30cm in 2021 to 36cm now) :) 

When flexed against the biceps, it would be way larger of course, but it‘s a less unreliable measurement in my opinion

Thanks. That's a huge gain, awesome.

For a straight arm measurement that's a big forearm, especially for your Bodyweight. 

To further pick your brains if you don't mind, how often per week did you train grippers since you started and I'm guessing by your training log it's been mostly lower rep ranges? 

• Like 2

@Alex K your posts got me pumped. So on top of RRBT, I bought a 4lbs hammer to start training the 4 wrist movements.

IMG_8797.jpeg

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Thanks. That's a huge gain, awesome.

For a straight arm measurement that's a big forearm, especially for your Bodyweight. 

To further pick your brains if you don't mind, how often per week did you train grippers since you started and I'm guessing by your training log it's been mostly lower rep ranges? 

Thank you! :) I had various phases to be honest, it has come down to training when I feel rested and motivated, which is quite often though! So most probably between 2 to 4 times per week.

I mainly do heavy stuff, especially deep set reps, but sometimes also do high reps :) 

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

@Alex K your posts got me pumped. So on top of RRBT, I bought a 4lbs hammer to start training the 4 wrist movements.

IMG_8797.jpeg

Damn that thing looks massive, I hope this works out! :) 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Alex K said:

Thank you! :) I had various phases to be honest, it has come down to training when I feel rested and motivated, which is quite often though! So most probably between 2 to 4 times per week.

I mainly do heavy stuff, especially deep set reps, but sometimes also do high reps :) 

Damn that thing looks massive, I hope this works out! :) 

Brilliant thanks, it's always interesting to hear how others train but especially with the results you have had.

• Like 2