How Many New Coc's Per Week?

CMunger

It's just about discouraging. By the time I close a #3, I'll prolly be CoC #5377. :D

I know, it's a crappy thing to say, and I don't mean to minimize the achievements of the people who are certifying, and I think it bodes well for the whole grip thing that so many people are getting into grip training to the level that it takes to close a #3. Oh well, such is progression. :cool

HAH! Think this board has had any effect?

Another reason for the GripBoard Mash Monster. It's going to separate the MEN from the BOYS when it comes to crush.

Oh yeah, check my signature. ;)

I think part of it is because more are trying to close it and #3's seem to be getting easier on a average as the years go on.

I think part of it is because more are trying to close it and #3's seem to be getting easier on a average as the years go on.

True.

it also depends on the gripper I have gotten 3 #3's within the psat year and 2 of them are as hard as any old 3 I have tried, One was real real easy and I actually sent it to Randy and he wanted to keep it becuase it was so easy. But on average your probably right. Austin

The grippers have been around for several years, so why the

proliferation of success?

1. Easier grippers?

2. Better training advice (that would be the Grip Board)

3. Larger population base trying to close the grippers.

No one should be surprised by the number of recent CoC's. I mentioned back in 2001 that the mathematical probability of 100 CoC's would be in March 2003.

"Grip Group at My Workplace" thread by Wannagrip

I stand by my post back then. The popularity has increased because of the excellence of this site, the increase in grip strength enthusiasts, the success of grip fanatics, and even some of the controversies we have encountered. The is a wide-spread realization in many sports about the importance of grip strength, and many are picking up the grippers as a result. There are thousands of CoC's out there, they just have to pick up a gripper and start squeezing. But what good is being a CoC if you can do it, then not tell anyone else about grippers? I say let the whole world know, then see where you stand. Inevitably, a tougher standard would follow. GBMM!!

Personally, the Gripboard I believe is the best tool to achieve any grip goal. Yea more people know about grippers, but only a few freaks out there are like us and really get into grip. Even less will actually close a #3.

The amount of information here is unbelievable. It will speed you to your goals faster than you could do by yourself. I'm probably about a year ahead of myself because of the Gripboard and the information within.

-HH

I think its mostly the larger population base getting into the grippers and grip training. CoC's are a hot topic on alot of boards recently.

Definitely agree with you there! More people are being exposed to the COC's on other boards and they're offering a new kind of challenge to those who thought the deadlift, squat and bench were the only lifts to guage strength. By the time I close the #3, most people will be working on closing the #4!

I know for a fact that if it weren't for the GripBoard, I would probably not be where I am today - and I would NOT be certified.

The GripBoard is MY home! HOME SWEET HOME!!! :happy:inno

but only a few freaks out there are like us and really get into grip. Even less will actually close a #3.

I agree, and the Emerson Knife show is a prime example. Lots of people know about the COC's but many will see the #3 as uncloseable. For the armchair lifter who does a few closes with whatever gripper he can while watching TV, it probably is.

As interest prompted on the net gained momentum we were always going to reach a stage where the number of #3 closers snowballs (leaving aside questions of easier grippers etc). The GripBoard Mash Monster is a positive move in the direction of ever-increasing "standards" that will account for this and keep motivation very high.

As only a tiny part of this and other grip-related sites on the net, I personally feel quite proud and happy about, even if (personally) I CAN'T STAND GRIPPERS!!