I Certify This Saturday

SHRUG

I am going to get certified this coming saturday. I have been closing my 3 and grinding the handles every time I pick it up. However in the last four days or so my hands have been in a lot of pain and closing my 3 is now more difficult because of this. I am still able to close my 3 almost every time I pick it up but I do not want to risk wasting the time of both my wittness and myself. I want to certify on my first try. I think that if I do some major hand therapy and take it easy between today and saturday that I should still be able to certify with ease. I really really really want this bad. I know that the pain is only temporary and that it is most likely due to overtraining. Please let me know what you guys think about this and include any advice if you can.

Rest your hands. Saturday morning throughly run your hands under warm water while flexing and tensing them; eg. making a fist, flexing fingers, spreading fingers, rolling wrists, etc. Afterwards, do a few reps on a COC #1 and #2. You should be fine. Good luck and try to certify with both hands!

I am now less than 1 mm away from closing my COC #3 with either hand. My wife thinks I clicked it the other day but I am not satisfied unless I do it everytime. I think I'll get it in the next month or so.

Thanks for the advice wells, I will try doing what you said. Keep up the good work with the 3. If you are less than 1mm away from closing it you should have it within a month for sure. As I said I can close my 3 easily and grind the handles every time when I am healed up. Even with the hand pain I am currently experiencing I have closed it the last 4 out of 5 times I have tried it. I can close it in my right hand very easily when I am fresh and last week before my hands started to hurt I closed it in my left hand for the first time, it went down fairly easily but still not even close to my right hand. :rock

Aha! Let me take a guess. Are you a KTAer?

Don't start adding more rest at this point unless you are used to a certain amount. You don't want to all of a sudden get neuro dumbness syndrome!

James-

Relax. It's like going to the dentist. You are real nervous at first and it is over before you know it. Just grip it and rip it.

I'll email you...

Rick Walker :rock

Thanks for the words of encouragement Rick, coming from you they mean the world to me. I have to admit I am nervous, but with a little rest and some hand therapy I am sure that I will mash my 3 on saturday. I look forward to hearing from you. :rock

Shrug you will do fine, I was in the same boat your in, not feeling strong leading up to it, hands hurting etc. and at the certification I was able to grind the handles which was a first for me. You will be pumped up and will smoke the 3! Good Luck-Austin Slater

Thanks austinslater, hearing that you were in the same boat as I am before your certification gives me a lot of confidence. :rock

Wannagrip, can you please explain what you mean.

Must be another James Smith. There was a James Smith who was doing KTA. See my signature line at the bottom of this post.